Why not register?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 4:31 am  Post subject: Ebayers Anonymous

Site Admin
Just wondering how many (if any?) other hhah peeps were ebay addicts, scouring ebay periodically fishing for bargains, slipping it into the 'real world',and even started 'dealing'?

I guess I'll go first,

My name Spud, and I'm an ebayaholic.
First Purchase: Dell 2001fp (yeah, I like to jump in with both feet).
Other Purchases: Xbox, switches, pc components, toys, Alien collectors set (facehugger), game merchandise, dvds (bootlegs and retail), all sorts actually
Last Purchase: USB extension wires
Sold: Console hardware hacks, Farscape S1 set,
Am I browsing ebay right now in another tab? Yes :oops:

Things that piss me off
  • The limited shitiness of the feedback system and how feedback can hurt innocent sellers or buyers, and how shit sellers can use this to 'abuse buyers' into not leaving devestatingly honest feedback. For example if a product is just okay you buy, or it wasn't ideal, giving them neutral harms the profile and you in turn can get neutral back. When a shite seller deserves a kicking giving negative usually gets you a retaliation (I've never had any need for these two, but i imagine this is very annoying so it annoys me too). I hate those idiots that just lie in their feedback.
  • REGION 0 DOES NOT MEAN PIRATE DVDS. Its pretty obvious to spot a pirate dvd, but some retards call obvious backups "region 0", which doesn't mean shit. This pisses the purist in me right the fuck off. Its a bootleg, call it a bootleg, a copy or a backup. :roll:
  • Stallers. People who just stall or are generally slow at responding. Annoying, but understandable. Not everyone sits at their computer or leaves it on all the time, but still for someone waiting on the other party its annoying... they must know the listing has / was ending surely?
  • ARSEHOLES who put extremely high postage costs on their items to try and trick people, it f*cks up the price search and its just dishonest. Even worse when they just send it via standard snail mail.
  • ebay's policies. I had my HL2 steam account auction deleted by ebay, luckily i completed the sale outside of ebay. I've also had several of my auctions
  • People who don't read the god damn auction. Okay it can be panicy when your not quite sure if its what your wanting or whatever, but people buying obvious fakes, like £20 email addresses or a "Playstation 3 Box" simply because they didn't read.
  • People who only take cheques. Who the f*ck are you people, charles Darwin? :lol:
Some of that is software aspects ebay needs to fix, lots of it I would have hoped Darwin had sorted out by now.

Tips
  • Tip number one, and this is important imo, grab the "Ebay negatives" mozilla firefox extension. This allows you to quickly view any users profile for only the negative and neutral comments. Ebay doesn't allow this natively and with the extension you just need to highlight, right click and open in a new tab.
  • Secondly is the site, http://www.esteal.com
    Here you login, enter the ebay item number and it snipes for it just before auction finish. No cost atm

Feel free to copy and replace the snizzle with your own experience, thought it might be helpful to find out if there's any ebayaholics out there and what tips they might have, as well as there annoyances.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:46 am  Post subject:

Will Tear Your Soul Apart
great post!

besides ed2k ( wich i can't seem to let go, tried several cold turkeys but its stronger than me...) i spent lots of time on ebay and a few similar sites.
I bought hundreds of things there, mainly militariastuff (anyone else collects that here?) and often very cheap, though also some very expensive stuff.

The things you typed in your post i can agree to.
I have ONE negative feedback collected over the years and that was because i gave someone negatove feedback for the dvd of the toolbox murders wich he advertised with a different dvdcover and he sent me the vipco release. The ebaysystem allows him then to give ME negative feedback in return!!!! can you believe it? too stupid for words.

I have had this on some militaria sites also, so its not only ebay that has this...

- At the moment i am doubting to give a seller THREE negative feedbacks at once. I won ( VERYYYYY CHEAP!) three medals and after having waited a few days i got mad that he didn't contact me and i sent him a mail in plain english...i got a very rude message back in german that he doesn't read english... :evil: now i speak and write enough german so over the last few weeks i sent him a dozen emails that i REALLY want to buy and pay for those medals but i never got anything back. The thing is he is a big sellar who has got constantly a few dozen things for sale. Im getting real pissed and am thinking of just giving three negative feedbacks. He probably gives me three back so my account will be closed then, but damned, i don't even care anymore!

- Another thing that annoys me is a LIMIT PRICE NOT REACHED MESSAGE. Why not just ask for what you want for it? I have lost many auctions because the limitprice was not reached so that the article couldn't be sold????

- Also people who ask ultra high stupid prices should be hunted down and shot! A dvdr is just a dvdr and should NOT be asked for 30 dollars!

- but THE most annoying thing of everything else is people who sell FAKE STUFF and make their decriptions so that even experts have trouble finding out if something is real or not. And of course those people never reply if you email them before the auction end if something is real....

In my daily surfing for old militariastuff i come across this daily and especially people from poland i just HATE! 9 out of 10 things from poland are fake, i wish there would come an ebaylaw that kicks/bans people who lie in their descriptions and put their name on a black list.

/end of rant.

For the rest i can't say enough how beautiful ebay and some other auctionsites are. When i get home from work first thing i do is check the ending auctions for that day ( often in the morning before i even leave also), these sites have given me the chance to buy stuff i could have never dreamt off to even see. Its like walking everyday through your own personnal museum. Only in this museum you can actually buy the stuff you want on any subject you can imagine.

grtz cyber

ps: my top buyings include:

- 1 A german plaquette of which the only other i have ever seen lies in a museum
-2 A vhs in TOPQUALITY from Ilsa - Queen Of The NAzi Love Camp that a certain Dxakrator has in his possession for over half a year now and won't rip...<-- bastard :twisted:
-3 A porcelan plate and 6 posters from the liberation in 1944 of my (small) hometown in the netherlands that via a very strange way got from the towns archiv on the internet and of which i got the only existing copys now :o

yeah, ebay is great and i admit to be an addict? so?

The only problem i have is having NOT enough money to buy everything i see :mrgreen: btw, i never sell anything....

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:31 am  Post subject:

Movie Mod
-2 A vhs in TOPQUALITY from Ilsa - Queen Of The NAzi Love Camp that a certain Dxakrator has in his possession for over half a year now and won't rip...<-- bastard

:lol: Come on, Dxakrator :outsider: Rip it now... :googley:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:34 am  Post subject:

Mod of the Living Dead
What REALLY pisses me off about sellers on ebay is the fact that I always pay immediately and they almost always don't leave feedback until I do :(

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 1:19 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
PC_Arcade wrote:
What REALLY pisses me off about sellers on ebay is the fact that I always pay immediately and they almost always don't leave feedback until I do :(

yeah, that's another reason why the feedback system sucks balls and needs redesigning.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 1:39 pm  Post subject:

this way the power stays with the seller and not with the buyer, in other words if a seller sells shit and acts like a idiot you as being the buyer are screwed...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 4:27 pm  Post subject:

Mod of the Living Dead
Exactly :(

It fucking sucks

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:01 pm  Post subject:

The Devil, Probably
If I'm selling, I leave feedback as soon as a buyer makes a successful purchase. If I'm buying, I REFUSE to leave feedback until the seller has done so.

When I go to Tesco, do I need to thank them for selling me my food before they say thankyo to me for buying it? :wacky:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:12 pm  Post subject: Re: Ebayers Anonymous

The Devil, Probably
spudthedestroyer wrote:
Tips
  • Tip number one, and this is important imo, grab the "Ebay negatives" mozilla firefox extension. This allows you to quickly view any users profile for only the negative and neutral comments. Ebay doesn't allow this natively and with the extension you just need to highlight, right click and open in a new tab.

I know you'll be running the latest version of Firefox, so do you know why I'm getting this error when tryin to install eBay Negs 0.6?

"INCOMPATIBLE EXTENSION
Ebay Negs! 0.6 could not be installed because it is not compatible with Firefox 1.5.0.4 (Ebay Negs! 0.6 will only work with Firefox versions from 0.7 to 1.0.3)"

Someone else is reporting this on the Firefox add-ons page too. :?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:59 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
works fine on 1.5.0.4, follow the link to the creators homepage or make sure you click the latest version if there's more than one.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:02 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
btw, i've had my ebay account suspended for 7 days for selling "modchips/bootdiscs"... arseholes, i wish they'd read the damn auctions :matrix:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:18 pm  Post subject:

The Devil, Probably
spudthedestroyer wrote:
works fine on 1.5.0.4, follow the link to the creators homepage or make sure you click the latest version if there's more than one.

Found the problem, you need to get the updated version from http://www.toolhaus.org/negs-firefox.html the version on Mozilla Addons doesn't work with 1.5.

spudthedestroyer wrote:
btw, i've had my ebay account suspended for 7 days for selling "modchips/bootdiscs"... arseholes, i wish they'd read the damn auctions :matrix:

What were you selling?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:25 pm  Post subject:

The Devil, Probably
And stuff like this really pisses me off:

Green Wing Series 1

Featured listing, yet so obviously a bootleg and I'm sure the person will make plenty of sales at that price.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:55 pm  Post subject:

Quote:
Please Not: DVD(s) are on a DVD with Disc Art & come in a Plastic Sleeve. If in doubt please contact me first!

this says it all....

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:05 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
Quote:
What were you selling?

A modded console :wacky:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:27 pm  Post subject:

The Devil, Probably
spudthedestroyer wrote:
Quote:
What were you selling?

A modded console :wacky:

Oh FFS! :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:32 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
yeah its so hard to find them on ebay isn't it. I think someone has a vendetta against me or something, maybe i used a keyword or something? I got 100% positive feedback from buyers and sellers though, so i can't imagine it being otherwise.

*Sigh* so i'm going to have to wait a week and relist, see if i can get another account up and running (and hope they've not blacklisted my name/address), or just put it in the local paper, or something.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:24 pm  Post subject:

Demon Of The Abyss
I agree

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:45 pm  Post subject:

Mod of the Living Dead
hehe What console?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:30 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
xbox, this time. Was quite surprised, first time i'd tried a xbox. PS2 i've had closed, but i reposted. Nintendo are the most hard assed, i sold a modchipped one and they just didn't let it last. :matrix:

I think someone at ebay must be watching my listings. Won't immediately relist when i get my account back.