Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 9:08 am  Post subject: Still new to Emule... server question

Demon Of The Abyss
Hi there, still new to emule nad have a question about servers... in the server list there is a heap of diffrent servers.. dose it matter witch one I connect to?

Is there a serevr that is prefrable to Dead-Donkey or FH?

Do I need to make my nick have some kind of tag?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 12:31 pm  Post subject:

The Devil, Probably
well i don't think it makes much difference in which server you connect to since they all connect to each other in the end BUT for finding sources for files quicker it's best to get on a large server such as Razorback/ProbenPrinz.de/S.E.D.G 400k and similar servers with large amounts of files :)
the nick thing is up to you most of us have HHAH in our names somewhere but nowadays only a few MODS use the community sharing option as it was deemed dangerous to the network to share to communities more than just share equally to anyone :wacky:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 12:26 am  Post subject:

Mummified In Barbed Wire
Hmmm the faintest thing happened overhere after I installed some darn IPfilter I have found. I have not seen a single HHAH member connected to my connection. Any comments on that? I found this forum by (lucky) accident, since I was always not very fond on P2P. But as a community is could really work but now I think I blocked out all HHAH members. Is there an easy way to give everyone with HHAH in there nick friendstatus so I can block out the rest of the downloaders?

hmmm have to put some HHAH in my nick too I notice :-o

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 12:34 am  Post subject:

Mod of the Living Dead
IPfilter is probably going to block us all.

WERE ALL MPAA, RIAA (etc)

:lol:

Where did you get that IPFilter?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 12:35 am  Post subject: Re: Still new to Emule... server question

Site Admin
Jynks wrote:
Hi there, still new to emule nad have a question about servers... in the server list there is a heap of diffrent servers.. dose it matter witch one I connect to?

Is there a serevr that is prefrable to Dead-Donkey or FH?

Acutally this is still a bit of a problem. If someone had the bandwidth to set up a server just for a community it would probably make things a bit easier on the source front, but source exchange in emule has sort of done away with the need. You just need to go to a big server that can cache all your shared files, and so that you get a lot of initial sources. Emule does the res behind the scenes.

I connect to razorback2.

Quote:
Do I need to make my nick have some kind of tag?

No. No need at all. However, most people here have used the syntax:
HHAH <name>
This is purely because it stands out and makes it easier to find any people from hHAH downloading/uploading from/to you. I normally spot people with HHAH <nick> and add them straight to my friends list.

However, there's no neccesity to do it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 1:10 am  Post subject:

Mummified In Barbed Wire
I have found some things out in eMule myself right now, so I have finally seen some HHAH members amongst the waiting. Have added them to my friendlist, anyone knows if that will give them priority over the normal downloaders, have not find that specific in eMule.

The link to the IPfilter list in a few topics below in this subforum. It is updated coz I could not find a newer one.

Got another question, what is that powershare I read alot on the forum?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 3:15 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
Powershare was when, this is before priority systems, you either a) ran a second edonkey2000 client on different ports sharing only one file. b) unshared everything and shared only one file

Now it means, you set everything to very low priority and then set one file to Release priority (and then activate a feature called powershare in some clients that have it [ie. pawcio])

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 11:45 am  Post subject:

Mummified In Barbed Wire
@Spud

Thanks for the explains, I have looked in my mule (version 0.42d) but I doubt I got a powershare function in there. But you others things you mentioned I configered in the mule. So my own shares (the one I put in one of the subforums) I put on release-share, all the rest in very low mode.
We will have to see and wait what happens now. Thanks again.