Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 5:37 pm  Post subject: I've been banned......apparently

Blood Sucking Freak
Location: A local town, for local people.......there's nothing for you here.
I have just changed from Overnet to edonkey2000lite, and suddenly got this message. Can anybody please explain it.

eMule v0.26d [.FusioN. - CodeName: FluX (R6)] trit V0.3- Your client is connecting too fast. It has been banned.

By whom? and from what?

I tried replying to ask, but the user was disconnected.

Also most users are showing 0.0 for upload speed, but data transfered is showing movement. :wacky:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 5:43 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
you have an aggressive client and those emule clients are countering the aggressive actions by blocking you for xhours. IMO some of the clients out there are far too agressive when it comes to banning, but if you repeatedly close and load up your client, have an unstable connection,etc. You request too often and these clients 'counter' the behaviour by blocking you until your client behaves.

Why linger in mediocraty? Stop beating about the bush and install emule ;)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 5:56 pm  Post subject:

Blood Sucking Freak
Thanks Spud. I did just restart my machine twice in succession, to see if it sorted the zero upload problem. I thought i would try ed2000 as it bridges the gap between the 2 networks, and coming from Overnet i am fully aware how rare a lot of files are over there (your LOG rips are a case in point), so i wanted to help those Overnet users out a bit.

Also is it not the case that ed2000 gets you more sources? given that i am currently connected to both Overnet and Razorback 2 simultaneously?

Also, i'm a little apprehensive about emule, given the problems i've been reading from other users, it dosen't seem particularly "plug & play", or have i misunderstood?

Cheers :beerchug:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 6:20 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
EagleEater wrote:
Thanks Spud. I did just restart my machine twice in succession, to see if it sorted the zero upload problem. I thought i would try ed2000 as it bridges the gap between the 2 networks, and coming from Overnet i am fully aware how rare a lot of files are over there (your LOG rips are a case in point), so i wanted to help those Overnet users out a bit.

Also is it not the case that ed2000 gets you more sources? given that i am currently connected to both Overnet and Razorback 2 simultaneously?

Also, i'm a little apprehensive about emule, given the problems i've been reading from other users, it dosen't seem particularly "plug & play", or have i misunderstood?

Cheers :beerchug:

Your forgetting those inherant inefficiency of edonkey, the lack of source caching and saving, no source exchange. Now add in the extra wasted overhead of using two entirely different networks and you will start to get the idea that edonkey hybrid really isn't what it could be.

I get more sources with emule than i did using hybrid or Overnet, I'd dump overnet altogether if i were you, and use emule.

Quote:

Its the same deal with edonkey, the reason there aren't loads of "I can't get edonkey2000 working" threads is no one even uses it any more :lol: Before emule came out, from moderating filenexus, I can tell you that there were far more problems with the baby edonkey then there was when emule had been out a while (at first there were a lot os newbie posts when emule was only a few months old though).

However, I think your apprehension is lacking the context that emule users now dwarf the edonkey users tenfold, so give it a whirl or if everything works dandy, stick with what you've got.

However, the features and the completion rate of emule means that I personally, I feel that the edonkey client isn't worth using atm when emule is out.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 6:23 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
in addition, I wouldn't bother with kademlia (emule version of overnet), it offers nothing more than wasted bandwidth overhead atm.

One thing in favour of overnet is that you can get faster transfers on a single file sometimes, but balancing this against low completion rate and total lack of sources, I just feel that emule or edonkey is a better choice, it also because of this offers a better spread (ie line max across all transfers rather than high speed on one or two downloads), and this is why absolutely no one really uses overnet anymore.

So i'd use hybrid or more favourably from my point of view, emule

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 6:25 pm  Post subject:

Blood Sucking Freak
Okay, thanks for your prompt reply again. :D

Is there a particular emule version that you recommend? bearing in mind that i have incomplete overnet files that use the "new" part system.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 6:28 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
ah, well i'm not sure about converting part files, i've never done it. However there looks to be a feature in all mules to un-mess them up :D

Currently using PAWCIO AMD optimised. You need to register for their boards and then you will see a new "mod" board over at http://www.emule-project.net

I believe part file fixing works by A) load up emule B) choose import 'new' part files C) letting it sort them out.

Having never done it, I'd back up before doing this, just incase!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 6:30 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
aha its under tools>import partfiles (eM, eD, ON)

I'm currently on:
ed2k server: 195.245.244.243:4661
Razorback2

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 6:42 pm  Post subject:

Blood Sucking Freak
Lovely stuff. Top man Spud.

I will give it a go when i've cleared my hard drive a bit. No room for backup copies of temp files at the moment. :(
ed2000 is certainly an improvement though, am getting 60kbps on the same downloads that i was getting 30kbps on Overnet.

Thanks again, I will try the mule soon. :D

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 6:49 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
The features of emule are enough to justify the switch. Emule came about because of the developers insistance for everyone to switch to the ropey overnet... they abandoned development for edonkey for a time. But then along came emule which showed up edonkey's flaws.

The number of times stuff like upload priorities were requested on edonkey boards then shot down... I doubt it would have been implemented if not for emule.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 6:53 pm  Post subject:

Will Tear Your Soul Apart
converting files with emule is not a problem. i only started to ride the mule a few days ago. i was using Overnet 0.52 and now i have eMule v042d installed. just like spud explained
Quote:
its under tools>import partfiles (eM, eD, ON)
you can convert the new overnet part files very easily. :D

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 7:07 pm  Post subject:

Blood Sucking Freak
So is "PAWCIO AMD optimised" a mod? Do i need a copy of emule too? Or is it an emule version? This is where the confusion begins. :oops:

Hoping that's not the dumbest question ever. :D

Thanks people. :D

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 10:41 pm  Post subject:

Buried In The Backyard
EagleEater wrote:
So is "PAWCIO AMD optimised" a mod? Do i need a copy of emule too? Or is it an emule version?

Every eMule 'mod' I've encountered contains everything you need to get up and running, think of them more as distributions rather than mods.

Have a look at this site, it's German but you'll get the idea. The Pawcio mod is there, though of course only download the AMD version if you have an AMD processor.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 11:07 pm  Post subject:

Blood Sucking Freak
Thanks NumberNine. Am checking it out. :beerchug:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 11:21 pm  Post subject:

The Practice Girl
Location: Back in the glistening folds of Barbara Bush's Twat
As far as the mod goes you may want to try a few of them out and see what works best for you..there are a lot of different ones out there.It all depends on your system from what I have experimented with.Haven't tried PAWCIO yet..how is that one compared to sivka spud?As far as releasing stuff I mean and slots.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 11:41 pm  Post subject:

Blood Sucking Freak
Thanx Dxa. I've downed PAWCIO and am going to give it ago in a little while. Be on standby for a load more dumb-assed questions. :googley:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 12:43 am  Post subject:

Site Admin
NumberNine wrote:
EagleEater wrote:
So is "PAWCIO AMD optimised" a mod? Do i need a copy of emule too? Or is it an emule version?

Every eMule 'mod' I've encountered contains everything you need to get up and running, think of them more as distributions rather than mods.

Have a look at this site, it's German but you'll get the idea. The Pawcio mod is there, though of course only download the AMD version if you have an AMD processor.

DO NOT download that, not only is it out of date, it contains the shitty unsupported and useless kademlia network. Most of those sites are shit, and they *never* have up2date client listing :(

Do not download anything that says 4.14 in the title. As said, go to the official site, login and download the current version, it is PAWCIO v.30e

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 1:25 am  Post subject:

Blood Sucking Freak
Nice one Spud. Thanks.

Just in the nick of time there! :D

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 1:56 am  Post subject:

The Practice Girl
Location: Back in the glistening folds of Barbara Bush's Twat
Just switched myself...took a hell of a long time to connect to any servers but I finally got in...Looks pretty good...enough features to choke a mule,like that powershare feature..I missed that using sivka...hopefully everything stays stable so I can keep this one going..thanks spud for the info on the 4,14,grabbed that first and didn't realise the outdated shit on it :beerchug:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 2:38 am  Post subject:

Buried In The Backyard
spudthedestroyer wrote:
the shitty unsupported and useless kademlia network.

I get far better rates using Kad than not.