Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 5:26 am  Post subject: Looking up original share names

Demon Of The Abyss
I like to rename my files, for a few reasons the most important is that the xbox (my vid player) has charciter limitation on it... also I like neat file lists, so somtimes have to rename files to get them in order.. (Bride of the Re-animator + Re-Animator = 01_Re-Animator, 02_Bride of Re-Animator, etx etc)

Is there a way using the HASH of the file to look up emule and retrive the most common file namne for that file, so if I post a link for you guys you can still tell by the tags wat the file might be like?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 7:17 am  Post subject:

The Devil, Probably
Doing a search by the name will bring up the availability (check hash), which can show what name most people have it shared under.

Jigle could search by hash... hmm not sure now. Tried with the mule and file donkey... no go.

I started burning a .txt file with gspot info and ed2k link on my disks along with the file(s). You might be able to do the same and always have the original file name saved in the .txt file, plus specs.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 8:35 am  Post subject: Re: Q:- Looking up original share names

Mod of the Living Dead
Jynks wrote:
I like to rename my files, for a few reasons the most important is that the xbox (my vid player) has charciter limitation on it... also I like neat file lists, so somtimes have to rename files to get them in order.. (Bride of the Re-animator + Re-Animator = 01_Re-Animator, 02_Bride of Re-Animator, etx etc)

The Xbox has a 42 character limit, but this ONLY applies to movies stored on the HD, it you leave them on CD/DVD, or stream them from the PC then the filenames can be a long as you like :)

BTW I saw in the other thread you were asking question about sync, if you use Xbox Media PLAYER (it's older, but 9 times out of 10 works as well or better than XBMC) then you can press up/down to re-sync the audio in realtime (save re-encoding all the time).

One thing I have noticed with the Xbox is that some .AVIs play fine on the PC, but are either 300/600 Ms out on the xbox, is it just me or has anyone else noticed?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 9:44 am  Post subject:

Demon Of The Abyss
No I have noticed that an I used to use XMP over XBMC all the time, though the new XBMC can play a lot more things and has full multi audio streams support and internet television and other things.

Also the newer XMPC has less sound sync problems.

I do stream most of the files but if I am going to a mates house I have to take the box and put the movies I want on it.... I havn't the Hdrve space to have 200GB of duplicated data or the orginisation to have multi names for diffrent files so I jus treename em as I move them to xbox.

@karstmobile - That sound they way to go.. thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 7:11 am  Post subject:

The Devil, Probably
Here's the easiest way to do the .txt file thing I talked about:

Get gspot to export the .txt file to the same directory the movie is in (preferably a shared directory). Reload shares in emule so the .txt shows up, right click to copy ed2k link of the movie to clipboard, double click .txt file, paste link, and save. All done. Rename the file when it is added to the files to burn list (works nicely in nero) and you can keep the file name the original on your hard drive until you are ready to delete/unshare.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 12:40 pm  Post subject:

Mod of the Living Dead
You can also open your shares in emule, copy eD2k link, then move the file out of your shared folder, in emule click reload in the shared section so that the moved file disappears from the list, then paste the link from the clipboard in the search section, which starts the download again. Once you get the sources the alternative filenames are under right click. I don't know a quicker method now that jigle is gone.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 2:48 pm  Post subject:

The Devil, Probably
Quote:
One thing I have noticed with the Xbox is that some .AVIs play fine on the PC, but are either 300/600 Ms out on the xbox, is it just me or has anyone else noticed?

yeah I've noticed that!

ALOT of my avis are outa synch on xbox but not PC!
But with xbmp you can resynch.

The entire family Guy I downloaded was waaaaay outa synch on xbox but perfect on PC.

Must be some minor bug with certain codecs or something :?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 2:51 pm  Post subject:

Mod of the Living Dead
It's odd, I've never seen it brought up on either XBMP or XBMC's forums.
Also, in response to Jynks, I haven't yet come across a file that XBMC could play that XBMP couldn't (but have come across one that XBMP could that XBMC couldn't).

Also, you can't re-synch in XBMC, or if you can I haven't found out how :(

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 3:37 pm  Post subject:

Demon Of The Abyss
mainly MOV files and WMV 9.. not to important, but soon as the divx and xvid codec will continue to evolve and xmp is no longer in development

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 4:14 pm  Post subject:

Mod of the Living Dead
aah, fair enough, never used MOV (never will either) and haven't used WMV9 yet. XBMC is nice, but is still missing a few nice features that XBMP has had for ages :)