Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 4:26 pm  Post subject: DVD-r and/or off-topic forums?

Site Admin
Do you think there's a need for DVD-r? I for one have a drive and actively download DVD-r releases from the mule. There have been some prominant DVDr horror releases like Friday the 13th and Braindead amongst others.

As for Offtopic, I'm not sure and not fond of it myself, but some users seem to want to post some stuff that is outside the forum rules, so an offtopic section might permit some of the stuff being posted.

Any feedback on any aspect of the forum is always appreciated :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 4:42 pm  Post subject:

Mod of the Living Dead
I too have a DVDr, however, I haven't downloaded an image yet, and i'm unlikely start now (unless my ISP seriously ups my download speed and the price of DVD+-r media drops dramatically)

But I would release images if people wanted them so yeah, I guess.

Offtopic - I think would be a good idea, I'm sure most (certainly some ;) ) of us have interests outside of horror movies ;)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 5:14 pm  Post subject:

The Devil, Probably
Well - experiment with it spud....make it a floaty for starters....

I for one have a Funky NEC 1300 +/- :mrgreen:
And I hear there's a bandwidth hike coming soon :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Eventually I would dig my nose in it....

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 5:27 pm  Post subject: Re: DVD-r and/or off-topic forums?

The Devil, Probably
spudthedestroyer wrote:
Do you think there's a need for DVD-r?

In another thread I wrote I hate 2 disk releases. So what do you think I think about DVD-r releases? :wink:

spudthedestroyer wrote:
As for Offtopic, I'm not sure and not fond of it myself, but some users seem to want to post some stuff that is outside the forum rules, so an offtopic section might permit some of the stuff being posted.

I don't know. I like it the way you handled it a few weeks ago: More or less everything was ok. You became a bit more strict lately :|

True, almost every thread degenerates in something more or less stupid, but where is the problem? As long as the first five or six postings are ontopic I don't care much. This usually gives me all the information I want. After that the fun can begin :-)

Especially fun is it to turn Satans thread into mindless gibberish ;-)
So if you ask me: don't do anything. It is fine as it is.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 5:33 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
Well dvd-r has a strong community around it, I get stuff very slow, but I mean I got Star Wars 4 and 5 and buffy series 1 off of emule. I'm well into downloading the German Blood edition of Braindead (best DVD out there). Off of torrent I've gotten all sorts, 10 DVD-rs and rising. media for -r is dirt cheap, and with pioneer 105 I can burn 2x media at 4x too :) (but buy 4x cos it's only a few pence extra per disc anyways)

?21 for 25 discs at svp communications:
http://www.121cdr.co.uk

There's certainly enough releases out there to justify a DVD-r section I think, I just hope some of the releasers visit this site too :)

Off topic I was thinking just a section, below general with a very basic sticky topic saying "no advertising", "no warez or direct links" and then just letting people chat at will and if they want can post files that people maybe interested in.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 5:41 pm  Post subject:
a member of the recently deceased

a member of the recently deceased
spudthedestroyer
DVD-r - dunno, i dont have one and not going to buy it. senceless..
sitting 2-3m from monitor - i dont see any difference between dvd and divx/xvid with video br > 1200-1300 kb/s

offtopic.. dunno
almost all my posts r offtopic..
and wargand is right.
i mean we dont have any bitching here.. well.. almost... i am sometimes a bit offencive but i am sorry for that. so i dont see a reson why u should change sumthing...
i mean - strict rules - less members.. or no more fun...

like example one warez/hardware forum. i am in 10 top posters.
about 2000 posts. (posts in flame section does not count)
they made not so long ago many new rules.. like all links to any even freeware progs must be in warez section..
and what? i forgot.. and posted LINK TO ONE PATCH to help one person... and got "yellow card".. and what i think now? should i continue with musci ftp's? should i continue tu help peoples?
ffs... yet one sumthing "bad" and i will be banned...
nah.. they gonna loose members.. good members...

so what i want to say.
HHAH is best one, and have best admin. :P
at least now :-D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 5:42 pm  Post subject: Re: DVD-r and/or off-topic forums?

Site Admin
wargand wrote:

I haven't changed policy at all or changed the scritness. Most stuff goes, if it isn't within the guidelines it's axed. I normally lock repeat topics also, so nothing has changed there.

Misplaced topics are moved, tagged releases are renamed with a mention that they aren't needed.

Spam / off topicness in a release section is deleted as it unfairly bumps the topic and pushes other, lots of it is left as with. Splits are preferable but unfortunately not always possible. Had to lock a topic that was going south but that's to be expected

That's how I moderate the boards. How / what have I done that is stricter? It certainly wasn't my intentions, I haven't pruposely changed from anything I'd done before and I'll try and keep it in mind when moderating. Which topics do you think I was more strict on?

Thx

About off-topic, I was just thinking about preventing how some of the offtopicness arises in other sections. Personally I'm not fond of it too (the idea of the board - anyone who has read my post knows i love offtopic posts), was just throwing around ideas :)

DVD-r is useful for only people with DVDr burners wanting lossless/almost lossless releases, or for those wanting to replace a nuked or crappy rip.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 5:49 pm  Post subject: Re: DVD-r and/or off-topic forums?

The Devil, Probably
spudthedestroyer wrote:
wargand wrote:

Nope, did not write this above ;-)

spudthedestroyer wrote:
That's how I moderate the boards. How / what have I done that is stricter? It certainly wasn't my intentions, I haven't pruposely changed from anything I'd done before and I'll try and keep it in mind when moderating. Which topics do you think I was more strict on?

The leecher threads. I have the distinct feeling you really hate them :-)
Btw. has one of you seen a client with name ........erm, better not. *whistle innocently*

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 5:57 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
lol! Yes guilty as charged... hate them. Well it's not the fact that some people are concerned for leechers, it's the fact they have to discuss it over 5 seperate topics :lol:

Okay, I promise I won't go overboard next time :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 6:19 pm  Post subject:

The Devil, Probably
This thread is off topic ...
all this cattle chat :lol: