Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 6:46 am  Post subject: foreign horror movie section?

Will Tear Your Soul Apart
I think this would be a great idea. And probably a very popular section with all of the horror coming out of japan. Just an idea. What do you think? Take care, Bill. :beerchug:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:05 am  Post subject:

Lunatic Of Gods Creation
all horror on this board is foreign to me :wink: :wink:

but yeah, an asian section would be handy indeed

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 am  Post subject:

I was thinking japanese as well. We've had tons of those come thru lately :beerchug:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:54 am  Post subject:

and then one for horrorcomedy and one for horrorsc-fi and one for goremovies and one for exploitationhorror etc...

im not so sure if it is needed? I don't have the idea the forum is flooded with too many releases that one can't see what is going on...

For special interests there are the 'Collections" and they supply a great good deal of special movies. Look at the Exploitationcollection for example, there are numerous of subcollections in there...

Also what is foreign? Everything not english? Or is foreign everything not from america? I wouldn't go lookingfor a dutch horrormovie in the section with mainly asian movies.

Sure there are some asian movies but thats a very broad name too, some catIII you can't compare with more mainstraim stuff so that would be a strange section too. For asian movies there are asian emuleboards i guess.

I would vote to leave things as hey are now...

;-)

grtz cyber

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:00 pm  Post subject:

Mod of the Living Dead
Not needed or wanted IMHO

If you want asian movies separately, visit ACF

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 3:29 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
Only films like Wickerman, Dog Soldiers, etc. aren't foreign films for me. :)

The provisor is that you provide subs (ideally for english movies too), but the demographics of the site are completely mixed nationality, the majority from europe.

I come under the category of the last two replies, I don't think there's much need to seperate the movies out based upon language since its not really something movie fans are picky about. The notion of a foreign language (read: none english) isn't that big a deal over here in the uk, I know in the USA the movie release pool is a lot more segragated and dub orientated.

I'm guessing its because your a fan of asain horror? Its a shame there isn't an easy way of tagging with metadata to allow restrictive searching.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 3:57 pm  Post subject:

Servant Of The Dead Donkey
I don't think there should be any discrimination between languages. Everything should be treated the same.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 4:20 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
unskinnyboy wrote:
I don't think there should be any discrimination between languages. Everything should be treated the same.

except for dubs.... :matrix:

:lol:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:34 pm  Post subject:

Lunatic Of Gods Creation
spudthedestroyer wrote:
Its a shame there isn't an easy way of tagging with metadata to allow restrictive searching.

you could add something like [ASIAN] or something in the movie's title for easy searching on the board (not that I would need that to find my stuff, but its just an idea for all those lazy bums who don't like browsing everything :wink: )

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:02 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
To be honest, I'd prefer a movie list page with all the releases on it ordered alphabetically, like ACF has.

It'd be an easier way of finding a movie on here than using the search, which some people have trouble with and results in requests for movies already posted or double posts.

I realize this probably will be quite a task though. :?

Last Release: The Food of the Gods (1976)
NZB: download/file.php?id=436

Coming Soon: Cat's Eye, The Uncanny, Food of the Gods 2, The Devil's Men, Studio 666.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:13 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
antropomorphic wrote:
spudthedestroyer wrote:
Its a shame there isn't an easy way of tagging with metadata to allow restrictive searching.

you could add something like [ASIAN] or something in the movie's title for easy searching on the board (not that I would need that to find my stuff, but its just an idea for all those lazy bums who don't like browsing everything :wink: )

no, no, no, no, no, no, no!!!! :lol:

Tagging is the ugliest, crappiest idea possible for a forum.... its bad enough its a neccessity in hdtv and non-horror, but its a very poor management choice for every section to utilise, and the site has been specifically designed from the offset to minimise this terrible habit that plagues too many forums.

For the record, SR was always a bag of wank when it came to such decisions and i'll never support following many of their examples. Those who used SR back then would know how piss poor it was (urrghhh REQ: A bit of moderation! :lol: )

Quote:
To be honest, I'd prefer a movie list page with all the releases on it ordered alphabetically, like ACF has

People are too lazy to volunteer to add them to ours. :lol: Its just rogue that does them these days! :beerchug:

http://www.dead-donkey.com/modules/shar ... ion=movies

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 10:06 pm  Post subject: .

:roll: sorry I brought it up. I hate reading subtitles. Ans screw you guys who think thats wrong. And I do like dubbing, and another screw you for those who don't. I just get tired of seeing a title that looks exciting only to find that its jap with subs, or no subs at all. didn't mean for it to start a war or fuck up all your holidays. Holy shit, no wonder people with new ideas got crucified :matrix:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 10:20 pm  Post subject: Re: .

Mod of the Living Dead
bipbop13 wrote:
:roll: sorry I brought it up. I hate reading subtitles. Ans screw you guys who think thats wrong. And I do like dubbing, and another screw you for those who don't. I just get tired of seeing a title that looks exciting only to find that its jap with subs, or no subs at all. didn't mean for it to start a war or fuck up all your holidays. Holy shit, no wonder people with new ideas got crucified :matrix:

:lol:

Err, I don't see anyone getting irate over this idea, although it doesn't look like many agree.

You can like whatever you like, however this site is run the way it is because that's what the OWNER of this site likes, everyone and anyone is free to start their own site which is run the way THEY like :)

I agree that movies with no subs is annoying, but they usually turn up, and even if they don't it's not the end of the world, the obligatory (inferior) remake will soon be along if the movies any good, if it isn't you've obviously not missed much

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 12:02 am  Post subject:

Site Admin
Quote:
Err, I don't see anyone getting irate over this idea

i dunno bip seemed a bit irate on that last post. :)

@bip, i don't see why your in a huff now? You pitched an idea and it wasn't that popular. I see that the motivation was to get rid of anything but dubs which makes it even more of a no vote from me.

I've actually pitched the opposite, dubs being an automatica qualification for lower quality. A few people hated it so it was never put in place :)

Anyway, i've noticed this is actually in the wrong section :oops:, so i'll put it in site development :)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 2:12 am  Post subject:

The Practice Girl
Location: Back in the glistening folds of Barbara Bush's Twat
I personaly know alot of people who only like dubs because they don't want to have to read it.Either to lazy or low attention spans is all I can chalk it up to.I myself would rather have it in it's original language unless maybe it's Godzilla or something like that where the dubbing is comically bad.
But as cyber said..where would it end...That is why we got collections section.There is an asian extreme collection if you are looking for asian rips.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 3:08 am  Post subject:

The Ancient One
spudthedestroyer wrote:
People are too lazy to volunteer to add them to ours. :lol: Its just rogue that does them these days! :beerchug:

You're welcome, brother. :beerchug:

OT: I say keep things as they are. :)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 2:39 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
yeah, well i figured after people hated the dubs -> lower quality (bad sync :lol: ), that there's no solution that's gonna work.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 3:34 pm  Post subject:

The Practice Girl
Location: Back in the glistening folds of Barbara Bush's Twat
Sometimes though, that is all your going to get is a dub so you kind of have to suffer through it.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 4:25 pm  Post subject:

Lunatic Of Gods Creation
spudthedestroyer wrote:
I've actually pitched the opposite, dubs being an automatica qualification for lower quality. A few people hated it so it was never put in place :)

What? I must have missed something, I thought that was the policy, and I loved thinking that it was :wacky:

Would something like keywords be difficult to implement, or thread tags by country? I don't think the latter would be too ugly and may even look stylish

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 6:42 pm  Post subject:

Dead But Dreaming
DxaKrator wrote:
Sometimes though, that is all your going to get is a dub so you kind of have to suffer through it.

I'm kinda ambivalent about the subs/dubbing. I certainly
don't mind reading subtitles on a screen. It gets a little hairy
with some action films trying to divide your attention between
the action and reading. Up side there is that the dialog in action
films are usually not that demanding on the brain.

I guess the only thing you ever need to worry about with
foreign language films is that the translation is good in either
form (subs/dubs). Subtitles can get really annoying if you are
trying to read broken english (you know.. 'all your base are belong to us') :wink:

Oh BTW thanks to PC ARCADE for the ACF link... Now I have yet
another habit to feed... :o