Why not register?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:12 pm  Post subject: Re: PHPBB3 Bugs

Site Admin
interesting, it probably never has shown results from highest quality.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:23 pm  Post subject: Re: PHPBB3 Bugs

Master Of The Dead Donkey
Hi !

I've notice a little problem, it's that I don't receive e-mail notification anymore when someone is making a new post in a Topic where I have posted too. Not even in my own Topic.

Am I the only one who doesn't receive e-mail notification or is it just me ? I've saw that you were talking about some problem with Hotmail, is it THIS problem or not ? My e-mail address is with Hotmail so... :?

Thanks a lot in advance for an answer :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:47 pm  Post subject: Re: PHPBB3 Bugs

The Ancient One
When a page is loading in this forum and in hte meantime I visit another webpage, the loading page jumps up in front of me when it's done loading. Some people might think this is useful, because now they know the loading of the page has been finished successfully. I however think it's really annoying: this way I can't read anything anywhere else. Is this supposed to be a feature or...?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:24 pm  Post subject: Re: PHPBB3 Bugs

The Devil, Probably
Similar thing: when I search for "reptilicant" it only gives me the "Lower Quality Section" result and not the one posted in the "Torrent Section".
Btw. it behaved like that before the upgrade. I just forgot to mention. Sorry! :oops:

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Next release will be: La Cité Des Entfants Perdu (1995) + Making Of (Status: working on the subtitles)
Last release was: Svengali (1931)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:36 pm  Post subject: Re: PHPBB3 Bugs

Site Admin
@torrent and nzb section have never been indexed for the frontpage and will not be. I do not consider the search expense worthwhile given the lifespan, the "site search" is topic titles only in selected forums only.

So its by design... I could possibly introduce it, but once again, because of lifespans and this being a mule site I'm not overly fond of the idea.

Highest quality isn't in there because we added that section after i wrote the search.

@email, evil, please read the opening two thread posts :) Let me know when you get mails :)

@slayer, I have no idea what you are talking about with that one, what do you mean? :? Sounds like a fault in your browser if anything what do you mean "jumps up in front of me"? Are you using a windowed browser. In IE7, opera and mozilla the forum loads in the tab you tell it to, there should be no popup windows except for when you have a private message iirc and this will have a "close this window" text at the bottom.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:51 am  Post subject: Re: PHPBB3 Bugs

Site Admin
if you are still experiencing issues with the site search on the frontpage, could you please post the query string from your address bar (just copy and paste it here :) ).

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:22 am  Post subject: Re: PHPBB3 Bugs

The Ancient One
spudthedestroyer wrote:
@slayer, I have no idea what you are talking about with that one, what do you mean? :? Sounds like a fault in your browser if anything what do you mean "jumps up in front of me"? Are you using a windowed browser. In IE7, opera and mozilla the forum loads in the tab you tell it to, there should be no popup windows except for when you have a private message iirc and this will have a "close this window" text at the bottom.

I have the sites in different windows. The window with the site loading pops up in front of the window I was reading (which was displaying a different site). Maybe it is my browser, I just thought I'd post it anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:20 pm  Post subject: Re: PHPBB3 Bugs

The Ancient One
spudthedestroyer wrote:
Regarding the emails:
Quote:
Everything that needed to be done has been done. You just need to wait for a maximum of 2 more days until it is resolved.

Can I ask that users please report if / when they get mail through?

I'm getting emails now.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:44 am  Post subject: Re: PHPBB3 Bugs

Site Admin
at last... there was quite annoying!

They reconfigured their smtp server and requested a reverse dns; however I'm still quite appauled at the way mail is censored... Its not productive and its quite worrying.

I think i am forced to send out a "spam" email announcing the site is back up and mails will no longer be lost, I apologise for this in advance but i can't think of an easier way to let anyone who signed up whilst hotmail was blocking mails that they can now get on and request a new activation mail

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:14 pm  Post subject: Re: PHPBB3 Bugs

The Ancient One
I'm not on hotmail, so maybe the hotmail users still have problems. Maybe you should wait with sending the spam-mail until someone who uses hotmail confirms he/she is getting emails.

Something totally different: when clicking the :twisted: smiley above the quick reply in the "Spotted HHAH friends" thread, it sent me to the top of the page. When hovering over it with my mouse, I read the URL for the thread and "unread" in my browser var. I just tried again, but it didn't repeat itself. Might not be a bug, but it is weird anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:19 am  Post subject: Re: PHPBB3 Bugs

Buried In The Backyard
Everytime I Try & Use Site Search, This Is What I Get->

Restricted

You have attempted too many searches. Please wait 30 seconds before searching again.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:00 am  Post subject: Re: PHPBB3 Bugs

The Ancient One
Just got back & checked hotmail & as yet I have not received anything from DD. :(

What is strange is I've got an email from MS asking me how well they did with my query yet they obviously havent done jack about it :wacky: :voodoo:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:59 pm  Post subject: Re: PHPBB3 Bugs

Demon Of The Abyss
Quote:
You have attempted too many searches. Please wait 30 seconds before searching again.

I'm getting that as well, first time i used site search, or any search, in this session :evil:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:27 pm  Post subject: Re: PHPBB3 Bugs

Site Admin
once again, post your query string if you want me to look at it could be a number of things but the first thing to do is reproduce it. It might be something to do with no session time being set if you aren't signed in, but need those strings to prove it out.

@emails, they are no longer going into the google trashcan they go straight into my inbox at gmail which shows something has changed.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:38 pm  Post subject: Re: PHPBB3 Bugs

The Ancient One
I don't know if it's with any purpose, but when I click "Mark topics read" in the Torrent/NZB section, the forums itself stay unmarked and the other way around. Which is kinda annoying when you want it marked as unread to go on reading about ed2k releases on the boards.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:06 pm  Post subject: Re: PHPBB3 Bugs

Site Admin
Read page 1 ;)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:41 pm  Post subject: Re: PHPBB3 Bugs

Site Admin
Right on the search thing, since I haven't got any query strings to test out, i've added some extra checks and an assignment for the code (even if it doesn't fix it, its a lot better for my own sanity :lol: )

I think the problem is the upgrade to php we've had. On the old version the session data would be set if it wasn't defined, whereas now it seems to not allow you to dynamically assign _SESSION variables. I guess that's a good thing but it would explain why i had to change the search. My local installation is unfortunately the same as our last host so i can't do any local checks. Anyway, i've put a isset() round the search variable, so if it doesn't have a value, it sets one and says you can search.

However, your search queries would be helpful ;)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:51 pm  Post subject: Re: PHPBB3 Bugs

The Ancient One
Spud, youve asked many times for a 'query string' & so far nobody has provided one. Maybe its because you are talking technobabble that the average user wouldnt understand? :googley:
Give an example of a query string so peeps know what one looks like. 8)

This image has been resized

:shadey:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:57 pm  Post subject: Re: PHPBB3 Bugs

Site Admin
Sorry my bad, i thought i was clear:

spudthedestroyer wrote:
could you please post the query string from your address bar

I meant the url you have in your address bar:
http://www.dead-donkey.com/search.php?query=dead+moon&year=&section=all&Submit=Search&lowres=true

btw, try not to post images bigger than ~720x, it trashes the browser using 800x600 :( I was thinking of adding some javascript that resizes images down but it can be annoying have images shrunk since they often look fuzzy and the scripts don't always work in every browser :(

EDIT: I added some bbcode for resizing images:

Code:
[imgsize=500]http://www.google.com/path/to/image.jpg[/imgsize]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:00 pm  Post subject: Re: PHPBB3 Bugs

Site Admin
On the email front, I now get mails through in yahoo, gmail, my isp, my premium account and another free account i registered. Looks like its working... i think hotmail may still be blocking though.

I have complained myself to them.