Why not register?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:26 pm  Post subject:

Demon Of The Abyss
Oh groovy, so it's nailed :D

Will wait till next year anyway to see how the scene will develop. Hopefully, the winners will be non-tied, so I can choose easilly when the time comes for the right console.

For now, it's PC and some new nifty games... BTW Total War - I couldn't download it, always had problems with finishing the second CD. Oh well, Heroes of M&M 5 is downloading pretty well so I'll stick with that for a while. Unless I find a DVDr of Total War :wacky:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:37 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
total war is the best game out on any platform atm, imo.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:39 pm  Post subject:

Mod of the Living Dead
Dynasty Warriors 5 is released on Friday for 360 :)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:40 pm  Post subject:

Demon Of The Abyss
Yeah I really wanna play it :cry: I'll try to find some other way to get it. If nothing, I'll buy it from a pirate :twisted:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:42 pm  Post subject:

Demon Of The Abyss
PC_Arcade wrote:

You should get it, not much sense, but hey, you can kill more than 1000 troops on one level with very cool moves. Now if only there were blood :cry:

Btw Spud I found these via search and will start it

ed2k: [PC%20Games]%20-%20Rome%20Total%20War%20(Dvd%20+%20Crack).iso.nrg  [3.20 Gb] [Stats]

ed2k: [PC%20Games]%20-%20Rome%20Total%20War%20(Dvd%20+%20Crack).nrg  [1.63 Gb] [Stats]

Seems kinda fishy, but what the hell, I want to play it :mrgreen:

[ Add all 2 links to your ed2k client ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:27 pm  Post subject:

Mod of the Living Dead
Lux Delux wrote:
PC_Arcade wrote:

You should get it

I think we can take that as read ;)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:56 pm  Post subject:

Demon Of The Abyss
Don't expect too much and you'll be in for one hell of a game.. Though the one for 360 is basically the same from PS2 so no breathtaking graphics. :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:28 am  Post subject:

Site Admin
Dynasty Warriors fans then? When i spoke of no decent games, i actually had the first for the ps2 back in the day, but it was a bit directionless back then. Too much button bashing and what not. They got a lot better, but I'm not that impressed by the DW franchise.

Popping by to say, looks like the retailers are starting to prepare for its launch:
http://www.play.com/Games/PlayStation3/ ... oduct.html
:)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:45 am  Post subject:

Demon Of The Abyss
Yeah DW could be tons better. Kinda gets repetitive once you unlock all characters and get their final weapons... Got to love giant steel slashing through those soldiers :wacky:

If they were to add more RPG elements, and blood :twisted: oh boy what a game it would be then. Not to mention if there were better graphics..

Oh my... Im such a fanboy :wacky:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:07 am  Post subject:

Mod of the Living Dead
spudthedestroyer wrote:
Dynasty Warriors fans then?

Not me, I just download EVERY game I can ;)

I have pretty much every game on the xbox - I intend the same for the 360 (I'm there now, but there's only ~40 games :lol: )

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:57 am  Post subject:

Demon Of The Abyss
Woah every game, me wants too :cry: :cry:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:17 am  Post subject:

Site Admin
lmao so now we all knew Sony had lost their minds... check this out... :lol:

Found it on games politics and a few other sites and thought it was funny. Its about some PSP ads sony ran :lol:

Sony accused of being Racists
http://www.gamesarefun.com/news.php?newsid=6599
Quote:
A billboard ad in the Netherlands for the upcoming ceramic-white colored PlayStation Portable has drawn some criticism recently for its controversial imagery.

The ad shows a woman with white hair dressed in an all white outfit clutching the jaw of a shorter, black woman; next to the pair are the words, "PlayStation Portable White is coming."

A Sony spokesperson, however, says that the ad is not meant to be seen as racist.

"The marketing campaign for the launch of the White PSP in the Benelux focuses on the contrast between the Black PSP model and the new Ceramic white PSP model," the spokesperson said. "All of the 100 or so images created for the campaign have been designed to show this contrast in colors of the PSPs, and have no other message or purpose."

The adverstisement is not being run in any country oustide of Holland, as of this writing.

Protests over racist ads
http://gamepolitics.livejournal.com/322476.html
Quote:
According to California Assemblyman Leland Yee, Sony has pulled a controversial European ad campaign for its upcoming PSP White. The electronics giant also issued an apology to those who may have been offended by the ads, one of which, posted on a billboard, portrayed a white woman squeezing the face of a black woman.

In a statement, Nick Sharples, Sony's Director of Corporate Communications in Europe, said, "We... recognize that people have a wide variety of perceptions about such imagery and we wish to apologize to those who perceived the advert differently to that intended. In future, we will apply greater sensitivity in our selection of campaign imagery, and will take due account of the increasingly global reach of such local adverts, and their potential impact in other countries."

Yee congratulated Sony for its response to the ad controversy.

"I am pleased to see Sony taking responsibility for their racially-charged ad and appropriately pulling it from the marketplace, he said. "Sony did the right thing by recognizing their insensitive mistake and apologizing for offending many of their customers."

Rick Callender, President of San Jose NAACP Chapter, seconded Yee's remarks.

"Sony has done the honorable thing by owning up to the fact that communication and ads in today's global market have a much further reach than in the past, said Callender. "Their attempt to contrast colors clearly created controversy and sparked painful feelings in the global community. Hopefully in the future, Sony will employ a better litmus test to their ad campaigns to determine if they will be sour to the taste of worldwide consumers. I commend them for their actions."

I hear its going to be gang rape ads next for the launch of PS3 online :mrgreen: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:30 am  Post subject:

Site Admin
back on topic, i spotted this on my daily travels....

PS3 Facing More Manufacturing Woes
http://megagames.com/news/html/console/ ... woes.shtml
Quote:
New information has been revealed that suggests that Sony's Cell manufacturing problems are not getting better while the company may be facing some additional Blu-Ray production woes.

MegaGames recently featured a story on some Cell manufacturing issues, Tom Reeves, VP of semiconductor and technology services at IBM, has now confirmed this story and suggested that things have not improved. In an interview with reed-electronics, the IBM exec stated that: With a chip like the Cell processor, you’re lucky to get (yields of) 10 or 20 percent. Reeves went on to add that using logic redundancy could double the yield but the IBM VP failed to clear up whether logic redundancy would double the 10 or 20 percent figure but for argument's sake let's assume he means that the yield could be brought up to 40 percent.

It is common for a new chip, entering the manufacturing process to produce low yields and in some cases even 30 percent is considered a decent figure. It is however, difficult to compare what Sony is planning for its PS3 with other new processors. Most new processors are not meant to have a massive launch as they target very specific markets; Sony however, has promised to ship 1 million units every month from launch. The other difference of a new chip and the PS3 is that when a processor chip does not cut the mustard it can be branded as a lower-spec processor and still be sold. According to Reeves however, IBM has been left with a lot of 6 operational core Cell chips; chips which the company doesn't know what to do with (PS3 requires 7 functional cores).

One reply from Mr. Reeves, which we found disconcerting, came when he was asked whether Sony had plans to include chips with fewer than 7 operational cores in the low-end PS3. It could, but I don’t think Sony has thought about offering that. That doesn’t mean there aren’t good uses for a chip with four SPEs (synergistic processing elements).

The other troubling news for Sony comes from its Blu-Ray manufacturing plants. According to a Chinese newspaper the plants manufacturing the diode that generates the blue laser used by Blu-Ray have not been able to meet demand. These delays have caused Sony's plants a lot of problems and it is possible that PS3 manufacture may be affected.

These issues may have been expected as a brand new chip is being manufactured, as well as a brand new DVD drive but they do highlight how risky Sony's tactics have been with the PS3. Even though the choice of Cell may have been unavoidable, the bundling of the Blu-Ray drive with PS3 was an unnecessary move which may have sacrificed the new console's future on the altar of Sony's quest to dominate the DVD distribution market. In this round of the console wars Sony has demonstrated that it has not kept its eye firmly fixed on gaming and that may alienate some of the fans PS2 had won over.

That makes it sounds like there could be severe shortages, but then, that would assume people are going to spend a zillion pounds buying it in the first place :lol:

Maybe nintendo should buy the underspec cells and replace the shitty underspec processor they got in the wii? :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:58 pm  Post subject:

Dead But Dreaming
And now we can finally see the two titans side by side :

Image Image

More info & pics @ Games Radar

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:06 pm  Post subject:

Demon Of The Abyss
Conky wrote:
And now we can finally see the two titans side by side :

Image Image

More info & pics @ Games Radar

I really don't care how it looks..... just curious wether I need ear protective gear ....like that other noisy bastard...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:32 pm  Post subject:

Dead But Dreaming
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And perhaps if it's a heavy bastard also!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:06 am  Post subject:

Mod of the Living Dead
I'm beginning to come round a little on the ps3 (or at least on the pricing) M$ have recently announced the ability to run homebrew on the 360 if you subscribe to the "developers club" at $99 a year so looking at the costs of the 2 systems :

PS3 - 20gb (so as to keep the comparison fair) - $499
ps3 Total = $499

Xbox 360 Premium - $399
Now add the HD-DVD at it's projected cost - $199
Add to that the cost of running homebrew (which allegedly comes as std with the PS3) - $99 (although ongoing i'll add it for 1 year)
xbox360 Total = $697(!)

Even if you go up to the 60gb ps3 model the 360 is ~$100 more expensive!
IF all that proves to be true it's a HUGE blow for MS's ability to compete on price, even the console + HD-DVD price is higher than the ps3 and that will hand Sony this generation as well

Also the ps3 is coming with wifi as std (another $100 accessory on the 360) - it's looking more and more like the ps3 will be a fairly sensible purchase, although I won't be buying one as there's no way on earth I trust Sony not to screw me over when thay have access to my network (and net connection) given their recent dodgy dealings.

Sony are looking cheaper by the minute(!)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:19 am  Post subject:

The Devil, Probably
PC_Arcade wrote:
Sony are looking cheaper by the minute(!)

They are, but you just know M$ are going to slash the price of a 360 on or before the PS3 release date.

I think the other consideration is that with the 360, you have the choice to pay for extras such as HD, Wi-Fi, Homebrew which, although nice toys, aren't important to everyone who buys the console. With Sony, you're forced to pay for a top of the range blu-ray, wi-fi enabled monster, whether you want it or not.

And my faith is in the hackers. I'm sure the $99/year won't be an issue for long. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:26 am  Post subject:

Mod of the Living Dead
ViSCeRaL wrote:
And my faith is in the hackers. I'm sure the $99/year won't be an issue for long. :lol:

I wish I shared your confidence :(

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:33 am  Post subject:

The Devil, Probably
PC_Arcade wrote:
ViSCeRaL wrote:

I wish I shared your confidence :(

My faith is based on blind ignorance though. :lol: