Why not register?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2941 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 144, 145, 146, 147, 148

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:01 pm  Post subject: Re: The Movies You Watched Today Topic!

The Ancient One
Horror Rises From The Tomb - a classic Spanish horror starring Paul Naschy. The opening reminded me a lot of The Night of the Werewolf, but if there is a connection between the two movies then The Night of the Werewolf will have copied it from this one as this one was made eight years earlier. Very atmpospheric movie in which Naschy plays a character who drives to his estate in the mountains with his brother and their girlfriends to find out about a sorcerer who got executed in the 15th century. They encounter some strange people on their way there and as soon as they have found a chest related to the sorcerer's death, one of the men helping them is possessed by demonic powers. Now they are all in grave danger, who will survive the trip? I was very much in the mood for this and it delivered 100%, very nice film, loved the atmosphere, the acting was nice, watching it with Spanish language immersed me even more. Of course there are some effects by which you can see it's an older film but I didn't mind as it never got corny. One of the better films with Naschy that I have seen, recommended!