Why not register?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 156  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:32 pm  Post subject: Re: The Movies You Watched Today Topic!

The Ancient One
Semum - first Turkish film I watched which was (very) good. I really enjoyed watching this one. Nice storyline, great acting, good musical score. Highly recommended!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:29 am  Post subject: Re: The Movies You Watched Today Topic!

Lunatic Of Gods Creation
i know it's not horror, but just watched rita sue and bob too....i love that film. it's stupid, but it's a classic. also watched the scourge, not really that good

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:07 am  Post subject: Re: The Movies You Watched Today Topic!

Demon Of The Abyss
"Coming Soon" - A thay horror movie. Some scares, but nothing we haven´t seen before. At least no girl with hair covering her face, don´t think I could stand another of those.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:24 pm  Post subject: Re: The Movies You Watched Today Topic!

The Ancient One
The House of the Demon - low budget teen trash, but the demon and the demonised people look good. The story is stupid, as a re the scarce sfx. The girls wear nice outfits, the teens have a Mexican friend who seems to be in his 40s, the house itself is quite kinky, so there is enough to enjoy if you like bad movies.

Junk - nice Jap zombieflick. What annoyed the hell out of me was the Jap doctor who spoke Engrish from time to time, it was totally not understandable. The zombies were OK, the storyline nice enough to hang on. There was some sort of mother-of-all-zombies-zombie, which was quite a cool idea. Recommended.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:24 pm  Post subject: Re: The Movies You Watched Today Topic!

The Ancient One
The Band from Hell - nice movie about a band which has some werewolf issues. The whole movie (and it starts with the cover) has an 80s feel over it which I really liked. There even is some character development and the acting is quite OK. Recommended.

Korkusuz aka Turkish Rambo - hahahaha, I laughed out loud so many times during this movie, I almost choked. What a great surprise this was! Hilarious from like 15 mins in until the end, the most beautiful and ridiculous thing being Turkish Rambo fighting with his somehwat childish looking bazooka: the way the rockets appear, get launched, explode, land and then explode again has to be seen to be believed. A must if you are bad movie fan! Oh, btw: I'm gonna buy the DVD for sure!

Garden of the Dead - being a Troma, I expected a lot of bad and corny cheesiness. I was happily surprised: this actually as an OK zomgbie flick. The only thing which was weird was where exactly the zombies came from. They hinted at it, but not very convincing. Since many zombieflicks don't explain the root of the zombies, this isn't a problem. I liked this movie, buit there are better ones out there. Lightly recommended.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:09 pm  Post subject: Re: The Movies You Watched Today Topic!

The Ancient One
Drag Me To Hell - went to the cinema to see this, I imprinted myself with "I'm not going to watch Evil Dead 4, keep that in mind". Just to avoid a big disappointment, as movies made almost 30 years later almost never can remake that feeling you got when first watching Evil Dead. Well, that said, I enjoyed myself when watching this movie. I had read some contradictory reports on it, some saying it was a great comeback of Raimi, others saying it was nothing special, or even a stupid movie full of cliches. I disagree with both, I think Sam could have done better, but it is certainly not a stupid movie. Yes, it is stupid if you DID expect to see Evil Dead 4, but then, who has been stupid in that case? OK, here goes what I liked and didn't like. Don't read the spoilers if you are gonna see it, it will take away a lot of fun.

What I liked:
Spoiler:
- some of the fighting scenes between the gypsy woman and Christine were great, I especially loved the artificial teeth on the dashboard in the first fighting scene.
- I thought Alison Lohman did a good job, being the main character she had to deal with career pressure, boyfriend problems and of course the demon which was gonna get her. The switching between what was important to her at that specific moment was well done: she didn't look stressful throughout the movie, only at the appropriate moments.
- the scene where Christine wants to make up with the Gypsy woman and she ends up at her wake was very gross, and therefore reminded me a bit of Evil Dead anyway. I laughed out loud, it felt great.
- in some scenes the furniture of the house started to move by itself. Because those things are everyday objects, the suspense around it was good.
- the nosebleed scene is my favourite in this movie.
- there was one scaremoment/jumpscene which had a very short visual scare first, and then the great BANG in sound afterwards. It was the best scare in the movie. (It's the scene where Christine hears something while she is in bed and when she lays down again, the Gypsy woman lies beside her.)

What I didn't like:
Spoiler:
- 99% of the jumpscenes were accompanied by very loud BANGs, which made my ears hurt and not get scary at all. Shame that scares must come from overly loud sound instead of really scary stuff.
- I really thought the casting of Justin Long was a mistake, he just doesn't belong in this kind of movie. Although he did his best and succeeded a few times in being the comic note, he is made for teen movies and should stay there.
- the CGI was disappointing. Instead of having goo shot at Christine in the anvil scene - in which two eyeballs get launched from the Gypsy woman's head into the face of Christine, nice Evil Dead moment there -, it was recreated using CGI. Blegh!
- the CGI was disappointing. Raimi should have used far less CGI, and it was possible too. The CGI possessed goat looked ridiculously fake now.
- the CGI was disappointing. CGI should be banned from film altogether.

All in all, I'd recommend this film to every one of you.

Underworld: Rise of the Lycans - this prequel was pretty unnecessary, and I watched it as a pastime, in which it was useful and lightly enjoyable. Some nice stuff, like the wolf who grabs a soldier in mid air and tears him apart, but mostly an overkill on the CGI front and a very, very thin storyline. If you're a fan of Underworld, watch it. If you have something else to watch, choose that.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:19 pm  Post subject: Re: The Movies You Watched Today Topic!

The Ancient One
Back from vacation, the night before I left I watched The Maniac, I forgot to write bout two others I saw before that one and since I came back I have seen several others. So it is not exactly "watched today" this time ;)

Anyone already seen Drag Me To Hell in the theaters, btw?

Ghosts of Goldfield - average ghost movie with some nice moments. It is a recent film so I was expecting a lot of BS, but I was pleasantly surprised. There actually was some sort of a storyline and not all scares were based on sudden appearances or loud noises, there was also some atmosphere. I really liked the ending, I thought it was not so very predictable. Recommended (albeit mildly, just try it out if you're interested).

Zombie Death House - wow, I love this zombieflick! One of the best I have seen since Planet Terror! It takes a long time until there is any zombie action and usually that bores the hell out of me and makes me want to ff to the zombiepart: not this time, I really enjoyed the first part, the acting was actually good. The zombiepart was not the best ever, but it did well and was a nice topping for the cake this movie is. Highly recommended.

Maniac - allright, a sick bastard movie! "Christmas shopping, Mr Zito?", yay! As a bonus, you get to see Caroline Munro, one o my favoruite 70s/80s babes, and although the ending is quite stupid (come on, even a drunk cop wouldn't go away like that) I liked this movie enough for a recommendation.

Cherry 2000 - classic lovestory, a bit hidden behind some scifi mumbo jumbo about recovering a destroyed female robot. Plotholes galore in this not all too convincing future flick. If you're into it, give it a chance, otherwise, choose something else from the pile.

Dorothy Mills - not really a horrormovie in my opinion, but others may beg to differ. The storyline is interesting: a few times I was guessing about the plot and being wrong. The setting made me think of The Wicker Man, but everything else is different. Carice is good in this one, she really deserves a breakthrough in Hollywood, although you can still hear her Dutch accent pretty good. Interesting mvie, not so much horror like I said, but recommended anyway.

Creepers - man, this was bad. I enjoyed the really bad sfx with the fake faces etc, but all in all this was a waste of time. For a bad movie it was not funny enough, it has nothing to do with Troll 1 and 2 (except for a short mention of genetic mutation between a human and a plant, and cliches are all around. Skip this one if you can.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:28 pm  Post subject: Re: The Movies You Watched Today Topic!

The Ancient One
Death Row Girls - nice WIP movie with a slight touch of Battle Royale. A quite good looking Jap chick is the different prisoner who catches the eye of the captain of the facility. Some psychological stuff is going on between him and the prisoners (not just her). An escape is planned, things go differently and the ending is what we see in so many WIP movies. I liked this one, there aren't many WIP movies I'd rewatch, but this might be one of them.

Platoon Of The Dead - bad zombiemovie. Really amateuristic and low budget, some military men apparently survived an ambush by zombie soldiers (riiiight...) and now they have to make their way back to the pickup point. Their weapons are scifi and make pseew pseew sounds when they shoot. All of the directors who make this kind of stuff hope their efforts will become cult one day when they reach fame later. Maybe this guy does, but if he doesn't it won't be a real miss.

Trail of the Screaming Forehead - OK, the title made me expect stupid stuff, and I got served. Actually, the level of stupidness was quite bearable, as you could see the filmmakers weren't taking themselves seriously at all. So watching this became a pleasant experience, with a lot of funny stuff, but also a lot of hit-and-miss which, caused it to be not so great as it could have been. All in all a nice effort, and if you like absurd stuff to laugh about, watch this one.

Mulva Zombie Ass Kicker - crap. The cover is the best thing about this movie. My advice: watch the cover, then fantasize what this movie could be, but never watch it. Mulva is butt ugly, she is annoying and irritating, she talks with tampons in her mouth and tries to imitate an irritating laugh, they try to be funny but never, ever succeed, they refer to many movies who are stellar in themselves, let alone when compared to this dumb waste of celluloid, tye guy who paints his face brown, spits 10.000 cliches about Afro-AMericans and wears a very stupid wig is supposed to be a negroe, etc, etc. Even though it was only 1 hour long, it felt like torture to sit through. I did it, so you don't have to. Avoid this like the plague.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:47 pm  Post subject: Re: The Movies You Watched Today Topic!

Demon Of The Abyss
Slayer wrote:
Anyone already seen Drag Me To Hell in the theaters, btw?

I know it´s hard to believe, but I´m still waiting for it to come out. That´s Portugal for you! :suicide:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:02 am  Post subject: Re: The Movies You Watched Today Topic!

The Ancient One
It isn't aired over here too. :(

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:10 am  Post subject: Re: The Movies You Watched Today Topic!

The Ancient One
Whoa, and I thought we were late, Sweden had already seen it before us, damn.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:23 pm  Post subject: Re: The Movies You Watched Today Topic!

Lunatic Of Gods Creation
no good at explaining stuff i've watched like slays :( ....so will tell you what i watched and whether or not i liked them.

gingerdeadman 2 : passion of the crust - whilst i enjoyed the first gingerdead man (yes really), i never thought much to this one...

shutter (english version) - having seen the thai version, (and liked it), i was expecting the english version to be a bit of a no go, but i was pleasantly surprised, i really liked it

blackwater valley exorcism - total naff

also been watching a few of ken loach and some mike leigh leigh films, like cathy come home, poor cow, ae fond kiss, riff raff, my name is joe... which i have also enjoyed...nothing like a bit of brit nitty gritty :rock:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:35 pm  Post subject: Re: The Movies You Watched Today Topic!

The Ancient One
Again, I forgot to keep this updated, so here comes what I watched last week:

Spacehunter, Adventures in the Forbidden Zone - well, I have seen a lot of scifi post nuke movies and they all seem alike, this one is no exception. Only the fact that Michael Irosnide is playing the lead alien (?) in some sort of labyrinth game (like The Running Man) makes this on stand out a little. I won't recommend this, only if you like the genre, because it is not a very bad film.

The Gorgon - nice classic horrorfilm from the 60s. Good acting, nice atmosphere, great music, the storyline was OK. Defintely one to watch again when I have grown old. Recommended.

Ghosthouse - great ghostflick! Some predictable stuff, but the eerie atmosphere and the gory killings makes this a classic! I loved this one, recommended highly.

Bathory - not a horrormovie, more a historical drama. Because I like those too, I wasn't disappointed (very much). The legend about Countess Bathory gets more or less undone in this film, it turns out to be something else completely (I won't spoil everything by saying what it is). I liked the storyline, the costumes were great, especially those of the Hungarian warriors and although it is a little long (over two hours), I still liked it. Watch this if you're interested in the subject.

Legend Of The Bog - story is OK, but it is spinning out too long. Aroun halfway the movie you have asked yourself (or are beginning to) how long it will last until the end of the film. That is never a good sign. And although the acting is quite good, the atmosphere is OK too, it still lacks some pace and if they had cut it down lik 15-20 minutes, it would have been way better. Recommendable, but not wholeheartedly. (Is that correct English?)

Electric Zombies - a very misleading title, as I haven't noticed any zombies in this thing. It's more of a gangster movie with undercover streetcops and deals which go wrong and weird addicts who kill all their friends and then commit suicide. But zombies? I missed them. Totally stupid movie, don't watch this one.

Demon Cop - well, what to say? This was obviously very bad. I remember someone saying that this isn't even about a demon cop and he was quite right. Although you can use a lot of your imagination and still think it is something really demonic. It looks more like a not so very successful werewolf change. The sfx were hilarious, I really liked the "red cat" special effect. Only watch this when you're into bad movies.

The Wraith - this actually has some supernatural stuff, so it might still be considered a horrormovie. I loved the music in this one! Billy Idol, Motley Crue, cool! :rock: Charlie Sheen is at his best in this kind of 80s (motor/car)gang movies. And it was nice to see Sherilyn Fenn play the cute girl. And I regret we don't have a Big McKay's here in the neighbourhood... All 80s fans should watch this!

Syngenor - yay, stupid monstermovie galore! Mad scientists and the army are working together on another project to create supersoldiers who are unstoppable. Of course, they break out etc, and then it's quite annoying when they indeed seem unstoppable (seem, because some can get shot down, others only need a beating, and still others survuive both these attacks). They first kill their creator (of course) and then they begin to ramapage the town. And now the maddest scientist of them all is enjoying the feast. Some nice monsterfighting scenes, all in all quite forgettable, but I enjoyed it with a smile.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:15 pm  Post subject: Re: The Movies You Watched Today Topic!

Lunatic Of Gods Creation
i love ghosthouse slays, i would defo recommend that one :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:23 pm  Post subject: Re: The Movies You Watched Today Topic!

Demon Of The Abyss
Are you talking of this ghosthouse? viewtopic.php?f=5&t=20148&p=203556&hilit=Ghosthouse#p203556 If so, I think I´ll get it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:42 pm  Post subject: Re: The Movies You Watched Today Topic!

The Ancient One
Yes. Click it, you won't regret it!

Yesterday's movies:

Tyrannosaurus Azteca - a dino made up of mediocre/bad CGI is roaming a part of the jungle where Hawaiian Aztecs live (I happen to know a little bit about the language of the Aztecs irl, and boy, does this sound totally different! Also, maybe you should put the line "Hawaiian casting" in the end credits instead of in the opening ones). Luckily for them, Ian Ziering and his Spaniards are there to save the day! As we all know, there are good Spaniards and bad Spaniards, thus there are good and bad ones in this movie. Who will win? Will the dino live to see the end credits? You will only know if you watch Aztec Rex (the other title for this stupid movie). Recommended for bad movie fans.

Ghoul School - going in expecting the worst of the worst, I sat down and enjoyed the ride. I really felt lucky that my expectations wre at a historically low level, because that's why I had some fun with this film. Lovely band with 80s hair, lovely blue painted people (zombies) and lovely stupidities, like a basketballtraining at night in school. If you're into bad movies, watch it, although many reviewrs say that it isn't funny enough. I agree there are a lot better bad movies out there, but this one is OK too.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:25 am  Post subject: Re: The Movies You Watched Today Topic!

Demon Of The Abyss
Slayer wrote:
Yes. Click it, you won't regret it!

Done! :rock:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:53 pm  Post subject: Re: The Movies You Watched Today Topic!

The Ancient One
Well, I didn't plan it, but yesterday night turned out to be weird sex night.

Le Necrophile - starts out as some arty French film, you know, the usual weird stuff from the 80s and 90s. Then it seems to stick to personal relations and stuff and you begin to wonder why this is about necrophiliac. Then you suddenly understand. After having watched several recent French horrormovies, this one was a setback. It is closer to Romance X than to A L'Interieur, so to speak. Still it has some nice (and some not so nice) surprises for you. If you can stand sick stuff, watch it.

Sexy Battle Girls - weird title, for another weird Jap flick with lots of (weird) sex. Also, there is a dangerous vagina, from the likes we have seen in Teeth, or Penetration Angst. All in all this is some sort of a revenge story, laced with sex and weirdness. If this is your thing, watch it. I'm not gonna watch it again.

Hot Wax Zombies on Wheels - not your everyday zombiemovie, but it has a lot of B-movie qualities. It is a mixture between horror and slapstick. Sometimes the jokes are OK, more often, they fall flat. The zombies themselves don't look like zombies, but they act a little like them. They are more "brain influenced" zombies, than living dead. Some hot chicks, some nice laughs. Mildly recommended, and only if you like B-movies.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:03 pm  Post subject: Re: The Movies You Watched Today Topic!

The Ancient One
Evil Bong - stoner film in which people who take hits from the bong get sucked into some sort of parallel world/fantasy where there are three women almost naked dancing around. When they approach the person, they get attacked and die, sort of. The 3 stoners have a nerd as a new roommate and he gets the hottest chick in the end. It's listed as a comedy, but I was only laughing a few times. I must say, the chicks look hot. Not recommended, though, maybe for in the background at a party.

The Sea Beast - when will directors stop making fil;ms with ridiculously bad CGI? I guess never. If you take out the CGI (which is, as I said before, bad), nothing in this movie remains. Some stuff was funny (one of the monsters tongues gets stuck and it gets pulled towards the trunk it is around, SMACK) or hilarious (a black guy gets killed, and later his friends find a white arm), but all in all this was all too average and forgettable. Not recommended either.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:02 pm  Post subject: Re: The Movies You Watched Today Topic!

The Ancient One
Slayer wrote:
A black guy gets killed, and later his friends find a white arm.

:lol: