Why not register?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51 ... 156  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:16 pm  Post subject: Re: The Movies You Watched Today Topic!

Lunatic Of Gods Creation
zombieland
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1156398/

*great...zombie splatter fun time :rockon:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:22 pm  Post subject: Re: The Movies You Watched Today Topic!

The Devil, Probably
Yep, just watched Zombieland. Very funny. Rare that I like zombie movies, but 99% are cheaply made.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:25 am  Post subject: Re: The Movies You Watched Today Topic!

Site Admin
its rare that you like anything :googley:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:28 am  Post subject: Re: The Movies You Watched Today Topic!

The Devil, Probably
Tried to watch this one: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1489946/ The Blackout.
Crap. Another one I could not sit through. Idiotic story. Constantly an unbearable noise in the background. Thanks, but not thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:29 am  Post subject: Re: The Movies You Watched Today Topic!

The Devil, Probably
spudthedestroyer wrote:

Is it my fault that most films are junk?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:04 am  Post subject: Re: The Movies You Watched Today Topic!

Lunatic Of Gods Creation
summer scars brit film, more thriller than horror, but i enjoyed it

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:25 pm  Post subject: Re: The Movies You Watched Today Topic!

The Ancient One
Patrick Still Lives - Italian 70s flick, with comatose guy who makes people kill and die (mmm, this rhymes nicely). The sfx are a-ma-zing(ly funny). There is some "look at that"stuff, like the first person is murdered, and while he doesn't want to load any suspicion on himself, the doctor says: "there is nothing to worry about" (an innocent person would have told people to watch out and take care, as someone had just been killed). Lots of tits, some gore/blood, enjoyable, but not a must see.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:28 pm  Post subject: Re: The Movies You Watched Today Topic!

Lunatic Of Gods Creation
patrick still lives is a definite no no, it was truly awful....sorry slays

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:22 pm  Post subject: Re: The Movies You Watched Today Topic!

The Ancient One
Don't be sorry, everyone can have their respective opinions. I thought the badness of this was quite funny, so that's why I called it "enjoyable".

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:36 pm  Post subject: Re: The Movies You Watched Today Topic!

The Devil, Probably
The Legend Of The 7 Golden Vampires (1974): Great mix of kung-fu and horror. Dracula is taking over the body of a Chinese bad guy to terrorize a small town and its region in the far east. Peter Cushing stars as Van Helsing, who tries to unravel the mystery about the golden vampires. What I liked about this is that it never got boring. The Chinese landscape was beautiful and they repeatedly used great lighting effect - almost like Dario Argento used to do it. Nevertheless I would have liked to see more vampire biting and people transforming into creatures of the night - this hardly happened until almost the very end of the movie. Oh and I nearly forgot to mention that the movie has zombies jumping around like little children, which was hilarious to watch. I can only recommend it, much better than I expected. :wink: Too bad the standalone gave up the playback just about when Cushing shouted "Aim at their hearts!", so I had to watch the last 30 minutes from the computer screen.

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Next release will be: La Cité Des Entfants Perdu (1995) + Making Of (Status: working on the subtitles)
Last release was: Svengali (1931)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:24 pm  Post subject: Re: The Movies You Watched Today Topic!

Lunatic Of Gods Creation
yes, i guess you're right slays and sorry again :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:18 pm  Post subject: Re: The Movies You Watched Today Topic!

Site Admin
wargand wrote:
spudthedestroyer wrote:

Is it my fault that most films are junk?

That you don't like something is your fault, yes. That's not saying they aren't junk, but the answer is actually is yes when talking about subjective quality :)
That's why i stopped watching all the new STV titles without a solid recommendation (ie. someone can muster up more than a line of criticism for the movie that's positive :) ), because they are junk.

:)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:25 am  Post subject: Re: The Movies You Watched Today Topic!

Lunatic Of Gods Creation
paranormal activity

the haunting of winchester house

cassandra

didn't rate any of them to be honest

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:08 am  Post subject: Re: The Movies You Watched Today Topic!

The Ancient One
Ator III - the Iron Warrior - by far the worst in the Ator series. In this one he doesn't even remotely look like Ator in the other 3 movies. And it gets kind of repetitve too: Ator has to save a princess, they walk through some rough countryside, bad guys appear, fight, Ator wins, this over and over again, mixed with some meetings with witches etc, fight with endboss, end of movie.

Satanic Panic - based on true events, they say. It does have some nice stuff, but overall this is quite crappy. Satanists running around in the woods killing people? You never get to see why they do it, you just have to assume they use bodyparts in a ceremony or something, but it is never shown. Of course it turns out that most people who are important in those parts play a role in the cult, blabla. Cliche and forgettable, only a few nice killings, but that's it.

Deadly Stingers - yes, this was great gore! I really liked this flick, it didn't pretend to be a great film and the gore was very good. The monsters looked great, and I'm still not sure whether this was cgi or not. I think it is, but if so, it is very well done. Like in Rise of the Gargoyles they only come out in the dark, which is very important for cgi monsters. More directors should remember that. Don't expect a classic, but if you want some good fun and great gore, watch this one. Recommended.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:24 pm  Post subject: Re: The Movies You Watched Today Topic!

The Devil, Probably
Pandorum. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1188729/
Very often I tear movies apart and wish the actors/producers to be shot when they are too crappy. This one isn't. The story seems to be good. The acting decent. However,. I still did not watch it too the end. It wasn't in the least enjoyable. Most scenes were too dark. It was hardly anything to be seen. If I want an audio book, I download one. Furthermore most of the dialogues were whispered. Fine, if the alternative is getting eaten. But it was still hard to understand for me.Maybe easier for a native speaker, maybe not. So for me this one is a technical failure.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:15 pm  Post subject: Re: The Movies You Watched Today Topic!

The Devil, Probably
Another one I watched today: District 9. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1136608/
I can only say: Wow. One of the best scifi I watched for month. Highly recommended.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:56 pm  Post subject: Re: The Movies You Watched Today Topic!

Site Admin
wargand wrote:
Pandorum. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1188729/
Very often I tear movies apart and wish the actors/producers to be shot when they are too crappy. This one isn't. The story seems to be good. The acting decent. However,. I still did not watch it too the end. It wasn't in the least enjoyable. Most scenes were too dark. It was hardly anything to be seen. If I want an audio book, I download one. Furthermore most of the dialogues were whispered. Fine, if the alternative is getting eaten. But it was still hard to understand for me.Maybe easier for a native speaker, maybe not. So for me this one is a technical failure.

been waiting for this one, was hoping it was like akin to event horizon

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:21 pm  Post subject: Re: The Movies You Watched Today Topic!

The Ancient One
Red Velvet - "a must see for Dario Argento fans", I read. So I watched this one. It is not Argento. For a long time you are wondering why this is a horrormovie and some will remain asking that question until after they have seen the movie. For me, the plot was clear after about 10 minutes, so the rest of the film didn't have any surprises. I must say some of the lighting was nicely done, but not as good as Argento used to do it. Also, there is room for music and slow paced shots in order to build up tension, which succeeds a bit too. Towards the end of the film my thoughts changed a bit from "they are trying too hard" to "OK, this is quite a nice movie". It is Bruce Dickson's first directing job, and for a debut this is quite nice. Let's hope he gets better and better. Recommended, just don't expect an Argento movie.

Intercessor - Another Rock 'N' Roll Nightmare - this movie is insane. John Mikl Thor doesn't have long hair anymore, but still he wants to be the rock 'n' roll hero of the movie. Why they presented this as a sequel to Rock 'N' Roll Nightmare is still a mystery to me: this has nothing to do with it. Probably it was for the money (as usual). There are different storylines, but unlike good movies, this flick doesn't succeed in linking them. So at first you're wondering why you have been watching those scenes, later you just forget about them. It really is a bad film, but somehow it is less sincere than the real Rock 'N' Roll Nightmare. This one also has bad sfx (the scene in the fire is totally laughable) and serious cases of overacting. And there are weird decisions, like when the intercessor has to fight an element (since when are elements evil, btw?) and they make a deal about fighting without any weapons, like you can make such deals with evil ghost-like beings. It's a pity there are no monsters in this one. Recommended if you like bad movies.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:06 am  Post subject: Re: The Movies You Watched Today Topic!

Lunatic Of Gods Creation
long weekend (not the remake)....i really like this film

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:07 pm  Post subject: Re: The Movies You Watched Today Topic!

The Ancient One
The 'burbs (1989): I've seen this movie several times on TV and now watched the widescreen version in English. Tom Hanks gets new neighbors that never come out of the house, dig holes in their garden and make strange noises at night. Hanks and his other neighbors start believing that they are satanic worshipers and killed an old man in the neighborhood, who is missing. Great horror comedy that kids the suburban "perfect" people. However I thought that the German dub of this was better/funnier. Sometimes it is really hard to understand what Hanks says.

Prom Night (2008): Watching this I finally did what I never used to do. I turned it off and did not watch it until the end. It was just so unoriginal, pointless and bad.

La terza madre (2007): Argento's third movie that completes this trilogy. The movie has several nice gore effects and I like how it is connected to the previous movies. But somehow the movie feels too fast. Like if it was heavily cut. Scenes are put together with plot jumps and you feel like "woho wait a second". The cinematography used in the previous movies is not visible here. No excessive colors or contrast effects used. It doesn't really look like an Argento movie to me. Nowhere near as good as the previous two, with a quite weak ending. Only for die hard Argento fans and people who have seen the first two episodes and want to complete the trilogy.