Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:46 pm  Post subject: Tales From The Crypt - Ritual (2001)

The Ancient One
Ritual (2001)
aka
Tales from the Crypt Presents: Revelation

advancedfilesize

IMDB

Summary:
Dr. Alice Dodgson gets her medical license revoked after the death of one patient. She's facing the possibility of not get any job when she accepts to be the nurse for one young man who suffers of cephallitis called Wesley Claybourne. Aside from the sickness he's suffering Wesley believes he has been "touched" by some voodoo cult. While she stays in Jamaica, Dr. Dodgson will feel uncomfortable as she discovers that voodoo is not only a "state of mind" and could be a real threat to her life and Wesley's. She'll have to discover why she and her patient are targets of the voodoo curse.

Release notes:
Not my rip. I had to adjust audio delay but it's properly synched now (at least it looked fine to me when I watched it. :))

Please help share and feel free to post it on other sites/forums but keep the original filename/tag.

Stats:
Code:
Total Runtime...: 01:46:02 (152,529 fr)
Language........: English
Subs............: English

Video Codec FourCC...: xvid
Video Frame Size.....: 704x368 (1.91:1) [=44:23]
Video Bitrate........: 1513 kb/s
Video Framerate......: 23.976
Video Frame Quality..: 0.244 bits/pixel
Audio Codec..........: ac3 (0x2000) Dolby Laboratories, Inc
Audio Bitrate........: 448 kb/s (5 ch) CBR
Audio Framerate......: 48000 Hz
Interleaving.........: 1 aud frame (32 ms)  Split: Yes
Packed Bitstream.....: Yes
CQM..................: No
B-Vob/Qpel/GMC.......: Yes/No/No

Movie:
ed2k: Ritual.DVDRip.XviD.AC3-iND.avi  [1.46 Gb] [Stats]

Subs:
ed2k: Ritual.DVDRip.XviD.AC3.EngSubs-iND.rar  [986.1 Kb] [Stats]

[ Add all 2 links to your ed2k client ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:49 pm  Post subject:

Demon Of The Abyss

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:47 pm  Post subject:

The Devil, Probably
:beerchug:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:47 pm  Post subject:

Demon Of The Abyss
:beerchug: Awesome! Cheers :beerchug:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:58 pm  Post subject:

Mummified In Barbed Wire
1.46 GB ? too much.. :(

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:25 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
Masonna wrote:
1.46 GB ? too much.. :(

It's 1/3 DVD-R and can be burned to a disc along with my rips of the first two Crypt movies. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:27 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
he's kind of got a point though, Tales from the Lame Duck would have been a better title... i don't even remember the crypt keeper being in it. But then Tim Curry is which kind of makes up for it! :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:31 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
I think the Cryptkeeper sequences were added for the DVD release and weren't in the original theatrical cut.
And yes, it's pretty lame but hey... it's a trilogy and that's why it should be available. :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:51 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
Despite hollywood insistance, it isn't a trilogy when there just so happens to be three of them at a particular moment in time if you ask me.

That's like stating Child's Play, Friday the 13th, Halloween, Exorcist, etc. were trilogies. There was no intention for such a thing, its just at sum point they'd only cashed in on the original twice more. There's at least got to be a story continuation to a point where the third chapter ends the story for qualification. But they weren't three part stories, there were just two sequels that at a particular moment in time. If the bottom hadn't fallen out of Tales from the Crypt there'd be more :lol:

Really bugs the crap out of me how shite director's always go on about trilogies as though they'd intended that shit. Like the "Blade trilogy" superficial claim. Another is the lame Bryan Singer claiming his Xmen was a trilogy, yeah right :roll:

Its almost as shallow as using Quadrilogy for the Alien films :lol:

It all seems like a really shallow excuse to quantify a franchises particular point of existance as something more meaningful. IMO You've at least got to have a 3 part story to qualify for a trilogy in my book.

Then again, those who have seen the Ghostbusters binary might disagree :wacky: :outsider:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:10 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
I was using trilogy in a wider sense as in there are three TFTC movies but you're right anyway. :oops: :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:16 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
spudthedestroyer wrote:
Really bugs the crap out of me how shite director's always go on about trilogies as though they'd intended that shit. Like the "Blade trilogy" superficial claim. Another is the lame Bryan Singer claiming his Xmen was a trilogy, yeah right :roll:

Don't forget George Lucas: "Star Wars was supposed to have 9 parts with the original trilogy (:)) being parts 4-6. Early prints of 'A new hope' say episode 1 in the starting credits not episode 4.

It basically boils down like this: you make one movie and on the strength of its gross you end up producing sequels which were "planned from the get-go" - yeah right. :wacky:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:55 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
yeah but that kind of did play out as a trilogy.

Star Wars IV-VI is clearly a continuous and related story, with the middle part unable to bat on its own. And the fact that the original Star Wars script had some of the earlier Kenobi wars stuff, and later stuff in kind of detracts from the George Lucas being a complete greedy liar, to a greedy liar :lol:

He's clearly over milked it but at least you can see that the original three films wouldn't work as well, if at all singularly. Star Wars just ends, Vader survives, etc. Its clearly setup for more, its whether it was intended to be just 2/3/6/9 movies that's the issue there.

I could even understand people trying to argue that Alien was a trilogy, although not intended, the progression of ripley's character. I'd still frown upon that, but it has more weight than saying Tales from the Crypt is a trilogy. I'd rather settle with saying "the three tales from the crypts" or the "crypt franchise" or whatever. :lol: Makes it sound more like cashin/spinoffs which is what they were.

This movie was made without crypt involvement, as far as i can figure anyway, that was something they just added with a name change. A bumper sticker addition :lol: