Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:29 pm  Post subject: London Voodoo (2004)

Mummified In Barbed Wire
London Voodoo (2004)

:beerchug: IMDB

Sinopse:
Quando o ambicioso analista nova iorquino Lincoln Mathers se muda com a fam?lia para Londres, a sua mulher desenterra um antigo esp?rito e torna-se sua hospedeira. Mathers acaba por aceitar que a ?nica salva??o da fam?lia ? a f?.

Code:
Ripper: promise
Video Codec: XVID
Runtime: 98 Mins
Video: ~852 Kbps
Audio Format: VBR MP3
Aspect Ratio: N/D
Resolution: 640x352
Frame Rate: 23.976 fps

:matrix: ed2k: London.Voodoo.2004.STV.DVDRip.XviD-PROMiSE.[Horror-Cemetery.com].avi  [700.50 Mb] [Stats]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:49 am  Post subject:

The Devil, Probably
:beerchug: superfunky
I'm presuming the language is english if not are there subs :beerchug:
BTW any chance of a screen

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:08 am  Post subject:

Blood Sucking Freak
Yeah, it's in English (American family moves to London).
Anyway the movie plays a bit jerky on my computer. Especially when camera is panning. It really tears my eyes :(
I really have no idea what's the problem. I tried 3 different codecs (ffdshow, xvid, mplayer) and I have 3000+ processor.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:11 am  Post subject:

Servant Of The Dead Donkey
elman wrote:
Yeah, it's in English (American family moves to London).
Anyway the movie plays a bit jerky on my computer. Especially when camera is panning. It really tears my eyes :(
I really have no idea what's the problem. I tried 3 different codecs (ffdshow, xvid, mplayer) and I have 3000+ processor.

You could try crystal player and enable postprocessing in ffdshow or crystal player itself, i use this player for almost every movie and for troublesome movies i use Videolan.
Videolan should play it 100% correct because it has all the needed codecs build in.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 4:38 pm  Post subject:

Blood Sucking Freak
I use as a player PowerDVD with disabled internal video decoder and enabled ffdshow. I do it this way because of excellent audio expander in PowerDVD. I also tried ffdshow with Media Player Classic. MPlayer has also all codecs built in... I remember using Crystal Player some time ago, but I left it. I'll give a try to Videlan

Netsplite, thanks for the tip

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:16 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
instead of powerdvd, give zoomplayer pro a go.

You can select what filters you want to use for dvd, which means you can steal the audio processing from powerdvd and the video processing from windvd (or other filter if you so choose). Get the best of all worlds :)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 2:03 am  Post subject:

Blood Sucking Freak
big thanks :beerchug:

GialloTypeCrunk

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:52 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
will give a go, thanks :beerchug:

<a href="https://forum.dead-donkey.com/viewtopic.php?t=7143" target="_blank">Giallo Collection</a>

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:39 am  Post subject:

Blood Sucking Freak
Quote:
`Modern Classic' was once an oft over-used term and thank goodness we don't hear it so often any more. However. If ever there was a film that so aptly fitted the title, it is surely Robert Pratten's London Voodoo.

If most genre films of recent times are fast food - easily consumed, a fleeting moment of satisfaction and then just as quickly forgotten (often regurgitated?!) - London Voodoo is a banquet that starts, if a little precariously, with a mouth-watering entr?e, builds to a sumptuous main course and climaxes with a glorious, delicious dessert. The film ends and you sit bloated in your seat unable to move for having overindulged. London Voodoo works on so many levels that I probably need to see the film again to appreciate all the detail invested in it. Every character is a real character. Every location feels like a real location.

But is it a horror film? Well.yes, it is. It certainly belongs to that sub-genre known as `yuppie nightmare' - attractive young couple move into new house and life falls apart - but David Morrell tells us that horror > fear. On this measure I believe the film has traded fear for intrigue, suspense and wonderment. Probably those less accustomed to watching horror films than I might find the film scary but for this viewer, desensitised from years of blood and gore, I found myself more in amazement than fear. Amazed that someone would come forward to reclaim the horror film from the MTV/Cabin Fever generation and use the genre to deliver a message about family values.

I am very grateful for Robert Pratten and his wife to have shared the film with the World Horror Con in Phoenix and I'm pleased to repay this gratitude with a review that I hope will encourage others to seek out and discover this film. If you like the films of Roman Polanksi, Peter Weir, Nick Roeg or Joseph Losey then you should check-out London Voodoo and discover a filmmaker that I hope will continue to make such important contributions to this genre that I love.

I believe - and, pray - that this is a milestone film for 21st century horror.

William

wow, is it really that good ?
i'll click anyway, thx !

When you can feel it in your chest, taking over your body and soul, this is when you understand the power of dub.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:38 am  Post subject:

Blood Sucking Freak
I don't think it's that good. And one of the reasons might be that I love Cabin Fever and can't wait to see Hostel (which takes place in my country of Slovakia). Also I got so distracted by that jerkyness I was telling about before. Several times I stopped watching it, but I always retrurned to it. So it's good, but not a milestone.

Last edited by elman on Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 2:28 pm  Post subject:

Movie Mod
Thanks alot for this.. :D

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:22 pm  Post subject:

Mummified In Barbed Wire
I saw it the other day, it was really bad and boring :cry:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:25 pm  Post subject: Great movie
Request Territory

Request Territory
Doll! Getouttahere :) It's a great movie. It's one of my all time favourite voodoo movies. I watched mine on a bone fide DVD though - maybe that makes a difference. Didn't find it boring at all.

Jeff