Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 8:15 pm  Post subject: Re: Ghosthouse (1988)

Master Of The Dead Donkey
elchupacabra wrote:
Yes, maybe the DVD already has an faulty AR. But even that can be "restored".

GordianKnot isn't really difficult. If you want to create nice rips one click solutions won't satisfy. I personally would unshare the rip and create a better one. :) We can help you in the thread you mentioned.

Let me check about that...

But for the mean time, I say download it and try it, if you can tell me after that the picture/resolution/AR don't REEEAALLY satisfy you, i'll take your words for it, but me, personally, I find that rip pretty good, seriously. Don't judge the rip by the specs i've post above, download it, and PowerSharing it, and watch 2-3 min of it, you'll see ! :wink:

Dr Phibes wrote:
Thanx for your effort EDI grabbing now :beerchug:

Thanks :drunk: It's not perfect (seems like) but it's better than the old VHSRip seriously !

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 8:33 pm  Post subject: Re: Ghosthouse (1988)

The Ancient One
EvilDeadlyImmortal wrote:
but i've try with GK and the Guide from BadBugs, and I was unlucky... too hard and too long for me. I want fast and ready to go stuff ! :googley:

Although I can imagine why that is (I've been there myself), trying a little harder will give you a lot of satisfaction. I also thought everyone else was a ripping guru and it wouldn't be anything for me. But, after having tried and having made some not-so-very-good rips, I got better at it. Now I still think other people are better at ripping than me, but sometimes people call my rips good names, so...

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 8:43 pm  Post subject: Re: Ghosthouse (1988)

Alright, i'll give it a second try.

Btw Slayer, you got it complete, no ? Did you check my rip ? Is it good enough ? Or you'll find some problems too...

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 11:19 pm  Post subject: Re: Ghosthouse (1988)

The Ancient One
I haven't checked it yet. Will do so somewhere this week, I think.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 3:23 am  Post subject: Re: Ghosthouse (1988)

The Practice Girl
Location: Back in the glistening folds of Barbara Bush's Twat
Yeah..I'll wait for a rerip....need any help we're all here to ask....we'll take turns on the gang bang instead of all at once on you :jesus: Seriously though man...I know it sounds confusing at first but you'll soon find that a lot of it is just reptitious...the main things to worry about is Apsect Ratio, deinterlacing and filtering/scripting......The later is the more involved of the lot.....taking a good look at the image displayed I am guessing it's a 16:9 with a ratio of 1.66...I could be wrong...but it certainly looks stretched enough to not ever be a 4:3...I could be wrong on the 1.66 and it be a 1.78 but I doubt it...looks to full...In Gknot there is a little slider bar you can use to get your right aspect ratio...I know the next question already...How do you know what the correct one is?....the way I do it is usually look up the dvd itself and see what the movie is presented in..but even that isn't 100% foolproof as I've gotten many a dvd where the AR is stated a 2.35 and it ended up being in reality a 1.85...or the direct opposite....but generally you can tell in those cases right away when the AR is off that much....everyone will either look stretched or squished.....the tricky one can be the 1.85 and the 1.77 for those that don't have a trained eye for it...seen many a rip where that has been flubbed...as I am sure many of you have.The deinterlacing thing is pretty much solved with MeGui's analyzer....that thing makes doing it so much easier...there are lots of tutorials on how to use both Gknot and MeGui via a google search.....as far as scripting goes.....elguaxo is the guru or local yoda on that...He's pretty good at the helping hand when it comes to that..Heh..probably just made you even more confused....if so my work is done :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 5:45 am  Post subject: Re: Ghosthouse (1988)

Slayer wrote:
I haven't checked it yet. Will do so somewhere this week, I think.

Good to know i'm not the only one that would need more than 24 hours in a day...!!! :wacky:

DxaKrator wrote:
...probably just made you even more confused....if so my work is done :mrgreen:

Well done ! :googley:

DxaKrator wrote:
...the main things to worry about is Apsect Ratio, deinterlacing and filtering/scripting.....

ok, well, first of all, AR, it's alright with me, deinterlacing too in GK because I remember the tutorial of BadBugs about it, but i'll sure probably need more practice about that, anyway... but about all the filtering/scripting, THIS is new to me, don't know how to do that, and why ? what's for ? what's the use of this and what does it mean ? is it not good already when it's ripped ? does it really need any filtering ? and what a 'filter' do exactly ??? I don't even know (don't forget, i'm new at ripping, and I don't know nothing, and i'm french, so some english words and terms are hard for me to understand ! i'm a native french person !!! :lol: ) Anyway, i'll search and take a look about it. Let me see what I can do with GK on my Windows 7, and I hope it will work on Windows 7, cause if not... humm.....

DxaKrator wrote:
...taking a good look at the image displayed I am guessing it's a 16:9 with a ratio of 1.66...:

In this case (Ghosthouse), the movie is in Fullscreen 4:3, so forget about the AR, it doesn't matter here, but sure, it's a good thing to know, and i'm aware of that.

DxaKrator wrote:
...The deinterlacing thing is pretty much solved with MeGui's analyzer....

Ho man, you're losing me on this one, cause I don't know that software, MeGui's... Gonna have to take a look.

Well, thanks for all the infos guys, and let me take a look at all this, and i'll be back on this :wink:

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 10:46 am  Post subject: Re: Ghosthouse (1988)

Lunatic Of Gods Creation
I've got the Vipco DVD of this, so if you don't mind waiting I could do an AFR of it. Though it might be quicker teaching E.D.I. how to rip properly, what with the speed I go at these days :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 1:50 pm  Post subject: Re: Ghosthouse (1988)

The Practice Girl
junkboy wrote:
what with the speed I go at these days :mrgreen:

:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 2:55 pm  Post subject: Re: Ghosthouse (1988)

junkboy wrote:
I've got the Vipco DVD of this, so if you don't mind waiting I could do an AFR of it.

Go ahead junkyboy, if you want to do it, in the mean time, i'll be learning and try to rip with GK... :wink:

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 4:41 pm  Post subject: Re: Ghosthouse (1988)

The Ancient One
You learn it by doing it many times, so...

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 7:05 pm  Post subject: Re: Ghosthouse (1988)

Lunatic Of Gods Creation
Hehehe...thanks for that Dxa :P

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 12:13 pm  Post subject: Re: Ghosthouse (1988)

Dead But Dreaming
I feel what your saying EDI. I'd rather put up the vob files and let someone else do it.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 3:55 pm  Post subject: Re: Ghosthouse (1988)

PumpThrust wrote:
I feel what your saying EDI. I'd rather put up the vob files and let someone else do it.

Thanks for the support !!! :googley: :googley:

I personally prefer buying the DVD, for movies that I like. I first off download a rip (which is this case is needed) and than if I like it, buy the damn DVD.

But on second hand, now that I have a good collection, and that it could be nice and useful to some to have a rip of a particular DVD edition, or just for something that isn't released yet, this make the ripping 'fun' more attractive to me than before. I used to just download/watch and share stuffs, but now, if I can give a hand on releasing stuff, why not. It's just that it's hard at the beginning when you don't know shit about ripping and all the terms, but i'm trying, and i'll try even harder pretty soon :twisted:

And I understand that a 700MB DivX is better than having to share a 4.5GB .ISO, for right now, but i'm sure it will come to Full DVD ISO in the future, cause first of all, it's better than a rip for the picture and sound quality (even if some ripper are doing a pretty good job), and you got all the extra, it's all already on a disc, you don't have to convert it to a DVD-R or burn them and play them on a DivX/XviD DVD Player or game console... Just make things easier, imo ! :mrgreen: But nobody would share 100 .ISO files of 4GB each, it's just impossible right now for our connection, speed and limit to handle.

All this to say, just buy the damn DVD, you can found the Vipco edition for 5-10$ on eBay anyway...!!! :P But i'll try ripping it 'more properly by the rules' :P

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 4:10 pm  Post subject: Re: Ghosthouse (1988)

The Practice Girl
lol

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 5:48 pm  Post subject: Re: Ghosthouse (1988)

Dead But Dreaming
PumpThrust wrote:

Thanks for the support !!! :googley: :googley:

I personally prefer buying the DVD, for movies that I like. I first off download a rip (which is this case is needed) and than if I like it, buy the damn DVD.

But on second hand, now that I have a good collection, and that it could be nice and useful to some to have a rip of a particular DVD edition, or just for something that isn't released yet, this make the ripping 'fun' more attractive to me than before. I used to just download/watch and share stuffs, but now, if I can give a hand on releasing stuff, why not. It's just that it's hard at the beginning when you don't know shit about ripping and all the terms, but i'm trying, and i'll try even harder pretty soon :twisted:

And I understand that a 700MB DivX is better than having to share a 4.5GB .ISO, for right now, but i'm sure it will come to Full DVD ISO in the future, cause first of all, it's better than a rip for the picture and sound quality (even if some ripper are doing a pretty good job), and you got all the extra, it's all already on a disc, you don't have to convert it to a DVD-R or burn them and play them on a DivX/XviD DVD Player or game console... Just make things easier, imo ! :mrgreen: But nobody would share 100 .ISO files of 4GB each, it's just impossible right now for our connection, speed and limit to handle.

All this to say, just buy the damn DVD, you can found the Vipco edition for 5-10$ on eBay anyway...!!! :P But i'll try ripping it 'more properly by the rules' :P

I agree. I wasn't telling you to release the iso or whatever ( I already have this from a different ripper), I was saying that based on the reception you got, I wouldn't have bothered beyond the initial release. For instance, I am on the fence about doing a Deathstalkers 3 release. It would be nice, but then again..

1. The dvd is pretty cheap and available (ebay)
2. The source quality of the dvd isn't the best but watchable (which, according to D-D standards, will get you :prat: if you release it as is, based on what i'm seeing from this post and others)
3. With school and work taking up most of my time, the time and wherewithall needed to build a rip worthy enough to please Slayer, Dxa, and whomever else just isn't worth it. Hence why it would just be better for me to put out a vob set so folks can make themselves happy.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 7:30 pm  Post subject: Re: Ghosthouse (1988)

The Ancient One
It's just that it's hard at the beginning when you don't know shit about ripping and all the terms, but i'm trying, and i'll try even harder pretty soon :twisted:

That's the spirit! Keep it up EDI!

i'm sure it will come to Full DVD ISO in the future, cause first of all, it's better than a rip for the picture and sound quality (even if some ripper are doing a pretty good job)

Don't forget some DVDs are very bad sources and rippers can (and do) improve them! I'd rather watch the 1/3 DVD rips of some movies than the original DVD for sure.

PumpThrust wrote:
2. The source quality of the dvd isn't the best but watchable (which, according to D-D standards, will get you :prat: if you release it as is, based on what i'm seeing from this post and others)
3. With school and work taking up most of my time, the time and wherewithall needed to build a rip worthy enough to please Slayer, Dxa, and whomever else just isn't worth it. Hence why it would just be better for me to put out a vob set so folks can make themselves happy.

1. A good point, although not everyone has an ebay account, also there a re countries which ebay sellers don't ship to.
2. You won't get :prat: If the rip has LQ properties (like bad cropping, which is easily avoidable when using something like GK), it will go in the LQ section. That is in no way a dismissal of the rip. Some rips just have evil bad sources which are irredeemable. So LQ is only a way to describe rips imo, not a devaluation.
3. Now I come off like a very demanding guy :lol: Or Dxa, for that matter :mrgreen: It may not be worth it for just 1 rip, but who´s gonna say you´re not gona want to release more in the future? When I started out I thought it would be small change, but now I have released over 50 movies already.

I'd say go for it, you won't regret it. At least I never did.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 7:46 pm  Post subject: Re: Ghosthouse (1988)

Dead But Dreaming
Slayer wrote:
It's just that it's hard at the beginning when you don't know shit about ripping and all the terms, but i'm trying, and i'll try even harder pretty soon :twisted:

That's the spirit! Keep it up EDI!

i'm sure it will come to Full DVD ISO in the future, cause first of all, it's better than a rip for the picture and sound quality (even if some ripper are doing a pretty good job)

Don't forget some DVDs are very bad sources and rippers can (and do) improve them! I'd rather watch the 1/3 DVD rips of some movies than the original DVD for sure.

PumpThrust wrote:

1. A good point, although not everyone has an ebay account, also there a re countries which ebay sellers don't ship to.
2. You won't get :prat: If the rip has LQ properties (like bad cropping, which is easily avoidable when using something like GK), it will go in the LQ section. That is in no way a dismissal of the rip. Some rips just have evil bad sources which are irredeemable. So LQ is only a way to describe rips imo, not a devaluation.
3. Now I come off like a very demanding guy :lol: Or Dxa, for that matter :mrgreen: It may not be worth it for just 1 rip, but who´s gonna say you´re not gona want to release more in the future? When I started out I thought it would be small change, but now I have released over 50 movies already.

I'd say go for it, you won't regret it. At least I never did.

Cropping and pixelation are the two things i'm the most anal about when it comes to rips. Most things in my opinion come down to individual preference, but bad(and by bad I mean 1 inch black bars bad) cropping and horrible pixelation are totally unnacceptable. Those would be two things you wouldn't have to worry about from my rips. :wacky:

Sorry to derail your thread EDI, I guess theres no way but the hard way... :lol: