Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:53 am  Post subject: Don't Go Near the Park (1981)

Servant Of The Dead Donkey
Dont.Go.Near.The.Park.1981.DVDRip.XviD.ODiN

Weird movie. I can't even begin to try to describe it, so someone else from imdb can have the honors:

"In the prehistory of man, 12,000 years ago, two members of a superhuman tribe abuse the treasured secret of eternal
youth. They use the methods of ritual cannibalism on the children of their own tribe and when discovered by the 'Queen'
of the tribe, they are cursed to an eternity of old age with no chance to ever die. Now, in present day Los Angeles,
their only hope to recapture eternal youth is the ritualistic sacrifice of a 16-year-old female virgin. Their existence
is discovered by an investigative reporter and a young runaway child and this leads to an unexplained and terrifying
confrontation."

Enjoy. :)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082276/

Movie Size: 746.48 MB or 764,397 kB
Movie Length: 83 mins, 29 secs.
Video Codec FourCC: xvid
Video Codec: XviD MPEG-4
Video Width x Height: 672 x 368
Video FPS/Bitrate: 23.976 / 1116 kbit/s
Aspect Ratio: widescreen
Audio Codec: MPEG Layer 3
Audio Bitrate: 128 Kbit/s
Audio Channels: 2 (Stereo)
Audio Samples: 48,000 Hz
Language: English

ed2k: Dont.Go.Near.The.Park.1981.DVDRip.XviD.ODiN.avi  [746.48 Mb] [Stats]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:06 am  Post subject:

Master Of The Dead Donkey

Thanks, this sounds terrible :beerchug: :lol:

Quote:
“Don’t Go in the Park” a.k.a. “The Ancient Curse of the Damned,” a.k.a. “Sanctuary for Evil” is one of the oddest horror films that I’ve ever reviewed for Monsters. Alternately terrible and entertaining, “Park” is a perfect party movie for those who dig gonzo cinema and getting really, really stoned. Though not in the same league as “Blood Freak,”( the morality play wrapped in flesh eating man-turkey guise), it’s got a horrible flavor all its own; one decidedly unique to the sleaze palate. The film’s overly complicated plot goes something like this: 12,000 years ago a tribe of prehistoric cannibals ate children to keep youthful. Two members of the tribe, a brother and sister, piss off the head matriarch and are cursed. They are to spend eternity living “in die,” not dead, not quite alive. They will live the centuries compelled to eat children until 12,000 years into the future when the constellations form some special configuration. Then they will have to devour a 16-year-old virgin who is also related to the tribe. Once virgin is eaten they will be freed from the curse - or something like that. Cut to: “16 years ago.” The aged brother and sister are still in the park, still eating children. They appear old until they eat the flesh of various youngsters and literally steal the youth from them. In a weird bit of wrong-headedness, the dead children become older as the “old” siblings de-age. It must be said that the old age make-up is especially awful and not even high school play caliber. The brother meets up with a character named, literally, Bondi’s Mother (the vacuous Linnea Quigley) and he hypnotizes her into a loveless marriage. The two have a daughter named - guess who? - Bondi

“Park” is fun on several levels, not the least of which is the bizarre score, which seems to be a mix of library music and some drunk who happened upon a box of wind instruments. At times the score is so wildly inappropriate it’s mind boggling (and quite funny). The acting isn’t quite on the same level as a Herschell Gordon Lewis outing, but it’s bad.

Quigley is especially terrible in the little she’s given to do. The empress has no clothes, but that’s precisely the reason she’s had such a long undistinguished career. Her commentary is also priceless; at one pint she describes “Park” as ‘… one of the maybe second films I’ve done in my life.’ The aptly pseudo-named Crackers Phinn plays the brother/cursed cannibal without an ounce of conviction.

[ http://www.monstersatplay.com/review/dvd/d/dngp.php ]

Last edited by trep on Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:37 am  Post subject:

The Devil, Probably
The one from this thread:

http://forum.dead-donkey.com/viewtopic.php?t=12247

Killjoy, I know you're new so you probably didn't realise the torrent had been posted here. ;) Normally, what people do is quote the torrent thread (with all the specs, screens etc) and create a new thread in the HQ section.

Just a heads up for ya! :beerchug:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:33 pm  Post subject:

Dead But Dreaming
I'm glad this got brought to mule but could someone (spud) format this thread properly if it's ok - ie. make it look all nice and spiffy like my announce thread in the BT/Usenet forum.

TIA. :beerchug:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:35 pm  Post subject:

Mod of the Living Dead
I can I'll do it in a minute or 2 :)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:40 pm  Post subject:

Dead But Dreaming
Cheers PCA, you rock. Spud's still in bed sleeping. :)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:53 pm  Post subject:

Servant Of The Dead Donkey
Apologies Odin. I searched everywhere on the site for your release but nothing came up till I went directly to the torrent section, as per VISCeRal's post. Should of known better. Next time I will try to make the post look a little better. I have quite a few up for share not listed here so I should be adding some soon. Still getting the hang of it.

Thanks Mate! :beerchug:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:56 pm  Post subject:

The Devil, Probably
Nice, thanks ODin and Killjoy :beerchug:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:04 pm  Post subject:

Demon Of The Abyss
Ooh thanks for the nipples. :P

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:40 pm  Post subject:

Master Of The Dead Donkey
Fuckin' hell... I'm on it, thanx a lot !

:beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:40 pm  Post subject: Re: Don't Go Near the Park (1981)

Buried In The Backyard

Screens:
Image.Image.Image.Image.Image