Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:24 pm  Post subject: Psycho A Go-Go (1965)

The Ancient One
ImageImageImageImage

--- File Information ---                                                            
File Size: 734,062,592

--- Video Information ---
Codec: XviD 1.0.3
Duration: 1:23:09
Resolution: 512x384 [1.333:1]
Frames Per Second: 23.976
Video Bitrate (kbps): 1033
Quality Factor (bits/pixel)/frame: 0.219"

--- Audio Information ---
Audio Codec: 0x0055 MPEG-1 Layer 3
Audio Sample Rate (Hz): 48000
Audio Bitrate(kbps): 134
Audio Bitrate Type: VBR
Audio Channel Count: 2

Quote:
Plot: "A treasure in jewels, the result of a robbery, is hidden within a doll, belonging to a little girl whose mother is a go-go dancer.
A sadistic murderer follows the trace of the treasure, murdering in the most horrible way one of the dancers and then sowing terror in the home of the family, to lead to a bloody finale."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0134915/

ed2k: Psycho.A.Go-Go.1965.DVDRip.XviD-Morgue.avi  [700.06 Mb] [Stats]

Rawhide Terror is posted here: http://forum.dead-donkey.com/viewtopic. ... 56#p156156

Another I'm releasing for the Troma Collection.

Last edited by BadBugs on Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:39 pm  Post subject: Re: Psycho A Go-Go (1965)

Skull Full Of Maggots
Thank you for this post, BadBugs. I was awaiting for this one.
However, I don't understand very well. If this movie is really the 1965 "Psycho a Go-Go", directed by Al Adamson, John Carradine is NOT in this, and no zombie appears. This was added LATER, when Adamson filmed additional sequences with Carradine and the zombie subplot, then the film became "Blood of Ghastly Horror". So the little synopsis refers to this later version, not to "Psycho a Go-Go" ! :wink:

The TRUE synopsis of "Psycho a Go-Go" is as follows:

"A treasure in jewels, the result of a robbery, is hidden within a doll, belonging to a little girl whose mother is a go-go dancer.
A sadistic murderer follows the trace of the treasure, murdering in the most horrible way one of the dancers and then sowing terror in the home of the family, to lead to a bloody finale."

According to the AFI Catalogue, in September 1966, "Psycho a Go-Go" was re-released with some additional sequences with John Carradine. Was this another alternate version ? in 1970, under the new title "Blood of Ghastly Horror", the added sequences featured not only Carradine, but also Kent Taylor, Tommy Kirk, Regina Carroll, Richard Smedley - NONE of them was in the original movie.

If your version really has some scenes with Carradine, it must be the "other alternate" I mentioned, as when I saw "Psycho a Go-Go", he was NOT in the movie !!! :cry:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:00 pm  Post subject: Re: Psycho A Go-Go (1965)

The Ancient One
I've just read through the end credits & John Carradine isn't in it. I took the synopsis off some random site that obviously mixed them up :wacky:

I'll edit the post with your synopsis. Thanks for pointing that out :beerchug:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:06 pm  Post subject: Re: Psycho A Go-Go (1965)

Skull Full Of Maggots
It was a pleasure... Incidentally, the version with Carradine is also called "Man with the Synthetic Brain", and "The Fiend with the Electronic Brain" !!! I wonder if each one has really a different editing, of if they are just re-titlings (for television, or another media).
In any case, I'm happy to have the original movie. Recently, some video companies decided to include different versions of a movie on a DVD, for instance "The Madmen of Mandoras" and "They Saved Hitler's Brain", or the two successive Brett Piper movies which finally became "Raiders of the Living Dead". These companies could make the same thing for Al Adamson !!!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:22 pm  Post subject: Re: Psycho A Go-Go (1965)

The Ancient One
I doubt its coz its Troma that you've been waiting for this as most of their films blow chunks followed by your intestines, but if you were, I've made a post here & feel free to suggest the next one to come: http://forum.dead-donkey.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=16945
:rock: