Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:42 pm  Post subject: Re: L'Abime Des Morts Vivants (1981) (aka Oasis Of The Zombies)

The Ancient One
Then Slayer's DVD could be "R1 America - (Image Entertainment) - No cuts. "French version".

Since this plot was shot two times. I would say that there should be two threads for this. Maybe with a kind of mark like: (French version). :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:22 pm  Post subject: Re: L'Abime Des Morts Vivants (1981) (aka Oasis Of The Zombies)

Master Of The Dead Donkey
elchupacabra wrote:
Then Slayer's DVD could be "R1 America - (Image Entertainment) - No cuts. "French version".

Maybe, he'll probably tell us soon...

Mine is this one (with the english and the french version on it), the NTSC R1 (Image Entertainment) DVD edition, that come within the Jess Franco Collection (NTSC) also from Image Entertainment. Here's some pictures of my edition :

This image has been resized This image has been resized

elchupacabra wrote:
Since this plot was shot two times. I would say that there should be two threads for this. Maybe with a kind of mark like: (French version). :roll:

Absolutely, you're right !

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:35 pm  Post subject: Re: L'Abime Des Morts Vivants (1981) (aka Oasis Of The Zombies)

The Ancient One
Well, after checking I can safely say I have the French version.

edit: I have exactly the same as you have, EDI.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:28 pm  Post subject: Re: L'Abime Des Morts Vivants (1981) (aka Oasis Of The Zombies)

The Devil, Probably
Please check the run-time and post it here.

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Next release will be: La Cité Des Entfants Perdu (1995) + Making Of (Status: working on the subtitles)
Last release was: Svengali (1931)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:07 pm  Post subject: Re: L'Abime Des Morts Vivants (1981) (aka Oasis Of The Zombies)

The Ancient One
The runtime is 81:57, but it's NTSC, mind you.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:28 pm  Post subject: Re: L'Abime Des Morts Vivants (1981) (aka Oasis Of The Zombies)

The Devil, Probably
According to the posted site: http://www.dvdcompare.net/comparisons/film.php?fid=5355
The version you guys have is: R1 America - (Image Entertainment) - No cuts. "French version".

But how can this have the same run-time as the PAL version if it's NTSC :o ?

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Next release will be: La Cité Des Entfants Perdu (1995) + Making Of (Status: working on the subtitles)
Last release was: Svengali (1931)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:23 am  Post subject: Re: L'Abime Des Morts Vivants (1981) (aka Oasis Of The Zombies)

Master Of The Dead Donkey
RedVeil wrote:
But how can this have the same run-time as the PAL version if it's NTSC :o ?

To be able to verify that, we need a PAL DVD version of this movie, cause you know that any compagnies can writte anything on the cover, i've personally saw some titles that the time was VERY wrong, like 98 min instead of 93 min (example), it was just a error when making the cover, are any others kind of errors, maybe including the end credits or not, who know !? Or maybe they were too lazy and took the time of the NTSC cover and put in on the PAL cover...!!! :wacky:

Or maybe our NTSC DVD is a convertion of any kind of the PAL materials... I don't know what i'm saying, but I agree with you that if the PAL "French" version is listed as 81:57 min, and that our NTSC "French" version is also 81:57 min, I also don't understand that ! Or maybe DVDCompare is wrong, but I doubt that.

EDIT : DVDCompare claim that : "The Image DVD is a PAL transfer."
Here's a picture, even if not needed :wink: :

This image has been resized