Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:46 am  Post subject: Help in subtitle (Help needed)

Buried In The Backyard
Hi

I downloaded subtitles for PORCILE. The sub is in english. I used the subtitle workshop and it is in English. When i play back the AVI, the subtitle appears like spanish or somekind of other langauge. I tried and changed the extesion of the subtitle to other format like SUB, SST ...still same problem. Can anybody guide me on this strange problem.

Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:47 pm  Post subject:

Will Tear Your Soul Apart
Post the subs somewhere if you can so we can try also.
Whats the name of file and what format the sub is ?
Maybe can u choose from the video player wich sub you want to display if more subs in the file.

-------------------------------------

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:48 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
The best format for a single language subtitle file is srt. SUB/idx often have more than 1 language in the container. If you have other subtitle files in the folder with the film with the same title you cant guarantee its going to play your favoured one, so move them into their own folder & try again. VLC is probably the best program to use for playback as it gives you good subtitle options. :)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:05 am  Post subject:

Buried In The Backyard
I found out the problem. the first 8 min of the subtitles are in english.. after this it is in spanish... i don't have any idea who is this moran who made this file.

Thanks guys anyway. :D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:07 am  Post subject:

The Devil, Probably
anashed wrote:
I found out the problem. the first 8 min of the subtitles are in english.. after this it is in spanish... i don't have any idea who is this moran who made this file.

Thanks guys anyway. :D

Comes close to what I experienced yesterday...

Downloaded a ZIP (waited 10 days for it - only 1 source).
Tried to unzip it --> ZIP file Error!

Now I doubt it was even a valid ZIP file. Thanks very much... :eatthis:
Deleted it.

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Next release will be: La Cité Des Entfants Perdu (1995) + Making Of (Status: working on the subtitles)
Last release was: Svengali (1931)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:58 pm  Post subject: Re: Help in subtitle (Help needed)

The Ancient One
OK, I have a subtitle problem too. I ripped this film which has English and Japanese dialogue. The disc only contains Dutch subs. On OS there are English subs as well, but I can't seem to synch them. Subtitle Workshop tells me they are 25 fps, and so is the film. Still they are 1 second off at the beginning, and almost 10 minutes at the end. The film lasts for two hours. When I change the FPS it gets worse, changing it to 29,976 means it gets too early, all other options make them even more too late than they are already. The Translator Tool in Subtitle Workshop is something I can't use, because the Dutch subs I ripped are not recognised by it. So, which course do I take now?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:57 pm  Post subject: Re: Help in subtitle (Help needed)

Lunatic Of Gods Creation
Try this, but you'll need to make the Dutch subs to an srt file first. Open the English subs in Subtitle Workshop, press Shift+Ctrl+t (Read timings from file) and select the Dutch subs.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:21 am  Post subject: Re: Help in subtitle (Help needed)

The Ancient One
Wouldn't that fail because of the Dutchs subs also translating the English parts, thus resulting in the English subs being over way too soon?

I mean, it will be referenced by line number, right? Well, as you can guess, the totals are different...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:23 am  Post subject: Re: Help in subtitle (Help needed)

Lunatic Of Gods Creation
Ah right, if the number of lines of text is different, try this - Make sure both files have identical first and last lines, open the English subs in Subtitle Workshop, press Shift+Ctrl+b (Adjust to synchronized subtitles) and select the Dutch subs.

If that doesn't work, then you'll have to start adding synchronization points 'n other stuff (look at the Subtitle Workshop help file), but it'll prolly be faster if you do it manually and just copy the English text over the Dutch.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:52 pm  Post subject: Re: Help in subtitle (Help needed)

The Ancient One
Yay, thanks, the Shift+Ctrl+b did it!