Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 1:18 pm  Post subject: Final Destination 2 (2003)

Site Admin
Final Destination 2 (2003)
advancedfilesize

Movie
Director: David R. Ellis
Plot Outline: When Kimberly has a violent premonition of a highway pileup she blocks the freeway, keeping a few others meant to die, safe...Or are they? The survivors mysteriously start dying and it's up to Kimberly to stop it before she's next.
Rating: 6.3/10 (12,499 votes)
Subtitles: English, Dutch.
Runtime: 87 min
IMDB

Video
Codec: XviD 1.1.0
Bitrate: 1646 kbps
Framerate: 25,002 fps
Resolution: 704x384
Other: BVOP, CQM

Audio
Codec: DTS
Bitrate: 755 kpbs
Channels: 5.1

Screenshots

Link(s)
ed2k: Final.Destination.2.2003.DVDRip.XviD.DTS-BDK.avi  [1.46 Gb] [Stats]
ed2k: Final.Destination.2.2003.DVDRip.XviD.DTS-BDK.rar  [1.25 Mb] [Stats]

[ Add all 2 links to your ed2k client ]

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 9:08 pm  Post subject:

Demon Of The Abyss
:matrix: DTS

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 1:09 pm  Post subject:
Request Territory

Request Territory
what's wrong?

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 5:54 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
Boondock wrote:
what's wrong?

lots and lots of people loathe DTS. Its huge filesize gain for very little improvement for most people. So whilst the difference in quality isn't that great the difference in filesize is. And lastly, the codecs are complete bitches and cause no end of trouble for people playing on pcs.

I can understand Geezus' reaction, i'm no fan of DTS either. I always drop DTS in favour of AC3 myself.

http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/ind ... opic=36571
http://www.hifi-writer.com/he/dolbydts/dolbydts.htm
http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=389433
http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=AC3+vs ... 8&oe=utf-8

DTS is a niche, its a vast waste since the vast majority of people don't have equipment for playback so its wasted in one part. In the other part, people who do have the ability playback, me included, dispute the fact that its worth twice as much space as AC3 for a gain that's vastly hyped. Low bitrate AC3 vs high bitrate DTS is a bit easier to select from obviously, but higher end AC3 tracks are pretty solid at half the filesize.

What clinches the deal like here is that the tracks aren't really anything special for a lot of movies, so your eating twice as much audio which is wasting space for I'd say the most sizable chunk of people who will download these movies. There'll be a portion who have difficulty playing back, you'll have the majority that have no gain from it, then you'll have the remainder split into two groups, those who don't really see much gain and those that don't. If you've got a setup for DTS, you'll no doubt have an awesome display or projector, and if its a projector your probably wanting more on the video.

So naturally, I think you've got to expect that kind of reaction to DTS if you decide to include it :(

I'm not too fussy since i've got no concerns about playing back, but I don't think this movie was all that great and not DTS great.

I assume that's what geezus was trying to articulate in his rather blunt post :lol: Don't mind him, he's a sony fanboy and ultimately doesn't have a soul. :wacky:

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 9:50 pm  Post subject:
Request Territory

Request Territory
the 1/3 dvd size allows for dts (1646 video bitrate left) and while i did not tested it for this movie in particular, dts is better sound in practically every case. so while the quality/mb ratios is probably lower, the total sound experience is better. of course you need the right hardware to really enjoy it, but that goes for everything. the codec-issue is something that can be overcome, i've experienced it a few times, but it always worked in the end.