Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 9:06 am  Post subject: Dracula (1979)

The Practice Girl
Location: Back in the glistening folds of Barbara Bush's Twat
Alternative rip From FH

ByK wrote:

Directed by: John Badham

Starring : Frank Langella, Laurence Olivier, Donald Pleasence, Kate Nelligan, Trevor Eve, Jan Francis, Janine Duvitski, Tony Haygarth, Teddy Turner, Sylvester McCoy, Kristine Howarth, Joe Belcher, Ted Carroll, Frank Birch, Gabor Vernon.

Having turned John Travolta into a sex symbol in "Saturday Night Fever", the director John Badham turned his attention to a much older figure. This version of "Dracula" is romantic without being over-sentimental and Gothic without being creaky and old-fashioned.
The pivotal role of Count Dracula is played with style and charm by Frank Langella - now more famous as a supporting actor in films such as "Dave". Langella had played the role in a stage production, when he had attracted many female admirers. This is Dracula as a sort of New Romantic Sex Symbol, but he also has a fierce temper and is capable of unpredictable violence. He sets about seducing the young women of England and can only be stopped by Professor Van Helsing - played with a comedy accent by Laurence Olivier. Olivier is actually rather good, once you get over his voice, and has a steely determination which matches well with the Count. He also has an intense stare, which shows that Van Helsing may be an old buffer, but is capable of matching anything Dracula might throw at him.

It is a slow film, but it looks fabulous. There are incredible set-pieces, such as the opening storm scene and the marvellously scary meeting with the female vampire in a deserted mine. Some scenes don't quite work so well, such as the moment when Dracula seduces the heroine and the image goes into negative. Fortunately, John Williams provides a memorable and atmospheric music score which keeps the mood right even when the film goes wrong. Apart from the aforementioned scene in the mine, it isn't particularly frightening, although there is some effective gore in places. The ending is spectacular and, it has to be said, rather unusual. Not a stake in sight.

I recommend the film highly - it is a damn sight better than Coppola's 1992 effort - but I can't really say much for the DVD. It sounds pretty good, despite being in Dolby Surround only, but it looks horrible. All the colours have been faded so that the image almost looks black and white. This was at the request of the director, but it just doesn't work. When I saw the film in the cinema in 1979, it looked wonderfully rich, but here it looks limp. The print quality is adequate, although some artifacts crop up from time to time and prove rather distracting in the night scenes. No extras apart from scene selection, which is very depressing.

The film is one of the more interesting versions of the old, old story and is well made and enjoyable to watch. But this DVD doesn't do it justice, so I really can't recommend anyone to buy it.

Mike Sutton

Video Codec...: XViD
Video Format..: 2Pass 734kbit
Audio Format..: 153kbits/s VBR mp3
Aspect Ratio..: 2.42:1
Frame Size....: 624 x 256
Framerate.....: 23.976
Audio Language: English
Subs..........: English, Spanish, French

Dracula.1979.DVDRip.XviD-FRAGMENT.avi
Dracula.1979.DVDRip.XviD-FRAGMENT.nfo
Dracula.1979.DVDRip.XviD-FRAGMENT.Subs.rar

Older Rip
:twisted:

http://www.imdb.com/Title?0079073

ed2k: Dracula.-.DvD.-.DxaRip.(1979)Cd1.avi  [532.96 Mb] [Stats]
ed2k: Dracula.-.DvD.-.DxaRip.(1979)Cd2.avi  [596.61 Mb] [Stats]

Specs
File Name: Dracula - DvD - DxaRip (1979)Cd1.avi
Content: Video and Audio
Duration: 53 min 22 sec
Data Rate: 1396 kbps (ave)
Video Info: 720 x 296, 23.976 fps
Audio Info: 48000 Hz, 128.0 kbps, stereo

File Name: Dracula - DvD - DxaRip (1979)Cd2.avi
Duration: 56 min 3 sec
Data Rate: 1488 kbps (ave)
Video Info: 720 x 296, 23.976 fps
Audio Info: 48000 Hz, 128.0 kbps, stereo

PLOT
Do I really need to explain this one?

I have had this movie shared for some time so there should be a few complete sources out there. :mrgreen:

[ Add all 5 links to your ed2k client ]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2003 5:33 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
so long since I looked for this one I had completley forgotten about it. tnx! =)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 7:52 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
I'm watching this now and finding the colors very weak. About half of the scenes apear to be in BW. Is this a ripping error, was the original this bad, or is it a playback problem on my end?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 9:04 pm  Post subject:

The Practice Girl
Yeah,the colors are a bit washed out on this rip.One of my very first..I beleive it was source though.Maybe someday I will find a better copy..but the film is pretty dark looking to begin with..Just turn up the color a bit and it looks fine.Never said it was my best :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 3:36 pm  Post subject: Newer DVD to be released

Buried In The Backyard

http://homevideo.universalstudios.com/d ... ldId=34984

Dracula (1979)
Release Date: 10/19/2004
Discs: 1
Run Time: 1 Hour 50 Minutes
MPAA Rating: R

Bonus Materials
Feature Commentary with Director John Badham
Photo Gallery
Making of "The Revamping of Dracula"

Technical Information
Audio
English Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo
Captions: English
Subtitles: French, Spanish
Picture: Anamorphic Widescreen (2.35:1)
Color

I got a flyer at the video store I work at about this.I don't know if the movie has been remastered. I sure hope so, the original dvd of this has really light colors, almost black and white like a previous post said. The extras sound cool. And I always loved the music for this film!

I own the original soundtrack cd and can rip no problem.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 8:09 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
What are you waiting for!!! Let us hear it! =)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:26 am  Post subject: Dracula 1979

Buried In The Backyard
you got it! Hope you like it!

Dracula(1979).Original.Soundtrack.John.Williams.Betaman.Rip.rar

I will be getting the new DVD on 10-15, 4 days before it hits the stores. I will try and rip it that night and get it in my shared folder asap. Will rip the special features as well.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 2:48 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
Hey, I could never complete ed2k: Dracula(1979).Original.Soundtrack.John.Williams.Betaman.Rip.rar  [32.38 Mb] [Stats] Reshare..?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 2:51 pm  Post subject:

The Practice Girl
Damn,talk about digging up the dead...I released this how long ago?If they put out a remaster I'll see if I can't pick it up.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 3:04 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
no dx, it's not the movie I'm after. It's the score!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 4:56 pm  Post subject:

Movie Mod
I'd really love to have this movie again. I watched it when I was little, and it scared me to death. I ran out of the house while being alone, and didn't even lock the door.. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 12:03 am  Post subject:

Buried In The Backyard
Sorry for delay here is soundtrack link.

ed2k: Dracula(1979).Original.Soundtrack.John.Williams.Betaman.Rip.rar  [32.38 Mb] [Stats]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 6:38 pm  Post subject:

In Hell I Burn
From FH

ByK wrote:

Directed by: John Badham

Starring : Frank Langella, Laurence Olivier, Donald Pleasence, Kate Nelligan, Trevor Eve, Jan Francis, Janine Duvitski, Tony Haygarth, Teddy Turner, Sylvester McCoy, Kristine Howarth, Joe Belcher, Ted Carroll, Frank Birch, Gabor Vernon.

Having turned John Travolta into a sex symbol in "Saturday Night Fever", the director John Badham turned his attention to a much older figure. This version of "Dracula" is romantic without being over-sentimental and Gothic without being creaky and old-fashioned.
The pivotal role of Count Dracula is played with style and charm by Frank Langella - now more famous as a supporting actor in films such as "Dave". Langella had played the role in a stage production, when he had attracted many female admirers. This is Dracula as a sort of New Romantic Sex Symbol, but he also has a fierce temper and is capable of unpredictable violence. He sets about seducing the young women of England and can only be stopped by Professor Van Helsing - played with a comedy accent by Laurence Olivier. Olivier is actually rather good, once you get over his voice, and has a steely determination which matches well with the Count. He also has an intense stare, which shows that Van Helsing may be an old buffer, but is capable of matching anything Dracula might throw at him.

It is a slow film, but it looks fabulous. There are incredible set-pieces, such as the opening storm scene and the marvellously scary meeting with the female vampire in a deserted mine. Some scenes don't quite work so well, such as the moment when Dracula seduces the heroine and the image goes into negative. Fortunately, John Williams provides a memorable and atmospheric music score which keeps the mood right even when the film goes wrong. Apart from the aforementioned scene in the mine, it isn't particularly frightening, although there is some effective gore in places. The ending is spectacular and, it has to be said, rather unusual. Not a stake in sight.

I recommend the film highly - it is a damn sight better than Coppola's 1992 effort - but I can't really say much for the DVD. It sounds pretty good, despite being in Dolby Surround only, but it looks horrible. All the colours have been faded so that the image almost looks black and white. This was at the request of the director, but it just doesn't work. When I saw the film in the cinema in 1979, it looked wonderfully rich, but here it looks limp. The print quality is adequate, although some artifacts crop up from time to time and prove rather distracting in the night scenes. No extras apart from scene selection, which is very depressing.

The film is one of the more interesting versions of the old, old story and is well made and enjoyable to watch. But this DVD doesn't do it justice, so I really can't recommend anyone to buy it.

Mike Sutton

Video Codec...: XViD
Video Format..: 2Pass 734kbit
Audio Format..: 153kbits/s VBR mp3
Aspect Ratio..: 2.42:1
Frame Size....: 624 x 256
Framerate.....: 23.976
Audio Language: English
Subs..........: English, Spanish, French

Dracula.1979.DVDRip.XviD-FRAGMENT.avi
Dracula.1979.DVDRip.XviD-FRAGMENT.nfo
Dracula.1979.DVDRip.XviD-FRAGMENT.Subs.rar